Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
It rocks for me. I take it sublingually (it's little, blue and dissolves under my tongue). I take it only when I am having an IBS-D attack, it helps calm me down a bit (i think it's mildly sedating) and it really really helps stop my cramps fast. I take lomotil for the actual D.It wears off (for me) in 4-6 hours, and by then my attacks have usually stopped.I hope it has been as helpful for your daughter as it has been for me.

·
Registered
581 Posts
It rocks for me. I take it sublingually (it's little, blue and dissolves under my tongue). I take it only when I am having an IBS-D attack, it helps calm me down a bit (i think it's mildly sedating) and it really really helps stop my cramps fast. I take lomotil for the actual D.It wears off (for me) in 4-6 hours, and by then my attacks have usually stopped.I hope it has been as helpful for your daughter as it has been for me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was OK for me, but was not strong enough for the full blown IBS atacks I sometimes get. I currently have Donnatol for my "just in case" medicine. But it seriously knocks you out. I think the worst side effect from the Hysocamine {for me atleast} was dry mouth and drowsiness.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was OK for me, but was not strong enough for the full blown IBS atacks I sometimes get. I currently have Donnatol for my "just in case" medicine. But it seriously knocks you out. I think the worst side effect from the Hysocamine {for me atleast} was dry mouth and drowsiness.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I worked very well for me when I was IBS-D (I'm a C-type now and don't take it). Sure hope it works for your daughter.Ty

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I worked very well for me when I was IBS-D (I'm a C-type now and don't take it). Sure hope it works for your daughter.Ty

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have been taking hy. for one month now, along with nuxium (for acid reflux) and am doing rather well. I take the time released kind, two times a day. For me, I have to be right on top of it though or I begin getting pain. I really have to stick to a schedual with taking it or I have a couple hours of pain until it gets working again. For now it is a real help, but in the long run I don't feel I can be on it for very long. The dry mouth is bad, except that I drink more water. I think it is effecting my vision and sex drive. But for now it is ebbing the pain, which was terrible a month ago...so I am very happy about that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have been taking hy. for one month now, along with nuxium (for acid reflux) and am doing rather well. I take the time released kind, two times a day. For me, I have to be right on top of it though or I begin getting pain. I really have to stick to a schedual with taking it or I have a couple hours of pain until it gets working again. For now it is a real help, but in the long run I don't feel I can be on it for very long. The dry mouth is bad, except that I drink more water. I think it is effecting my vision and sex drive. But for now it is ebbing the pain, which was terrible a month ago...so I am very happy about that.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
It is an antispasmodic commonly prescribed for IBS.It is available in several forms. Sublingual (under the tongue), regular pills, and time released pills.It can be quite effective for some people (may not help others, or side effects may be more bothersome than the IBS for some).I find it to be pretty effective for me.K.------------------I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html [This message has been edited by kmottus (edited 06-27-2001).]

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
It is an antispasmodic commonly prescribed for IBS.It is available in several forms. Sublingual (under the tongue), regular pills, and time released pills.It can be quite effective for some people (may not help others, or side effects may be more bothersome than the IBS for some).I find it to be pretty effective for me.K.------------------I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html [This message has been edited by kmottus (edited 06-27-2001).]

·
Registered
179 Posts
I was on hyoscamine for over a year, it worked ok for me, my dosage was one every 12 hours. The side effects were horrible for me, dry mouth,sun and heat sensitive, anxiety attacks were terrible. I stopped it about a month ago and started the Caltrate600 in the purple and white container. It has stopped all of my "D" attacks and I move my bowels like normal now. I have been IBS "D" for 10 years. I hope you have better luck with it than I did. If you don't like it try the Caltrate, it worked wonders for me.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I was on hyoscamine for over a year, it worked ok for me, my dosage was one every 12 hours. The side effects were horrible for me, dry mouth,sun and heat sensitive, anxiety attacks were terrible. I stopped it about a month ago and started the Caltrate600 in the purple and white container. It has stopped all of my "D" attacks and I move my bowels like normal now. I have been IBS "D" for 10 years. I hope you have better luck with it than I did. If you don't like it try the Caltrate, it worked wonders for me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.