Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

Hyoscyamine Pain, Horrible!

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  exoticfuture@gmail.com 
#1 ·
Has anyone has this similiar experience? Last night, against my wife's warnings, I ate Subway, Sour cream & Onion Chips, and a Double Fudge Cookie... of course, later in the night, I was in HUGE pain. So, for the first time, at around 1:30 A.M. I took one Hyoscamine Sulf. 0.125 mg that the doctor gave me.. this was the first time I have ever taken it. It actually relieved the pain for about an hour - hour and a half, but then the pain was back FULL FORCE, maybe even more than it was originally, and I felt very wierd.. had a slight burning sensation in my chest and throat, hot/cold flashes, felt very dizzy, and had more severe stomach pain that lasted about 4 hours. Anyone had similiar experiences, could it have been because I took it on an empty stomach and not before a meal?

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Well, it was quite a few hours after I ate when I took the medicine. All I know is that it was one of the worst nights I have had. When I eat baked chicken, whole grain bread, plain white rice, etc. I am fine.. does anyone know of any other foods that are okay for me?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.