Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also get pain and discomfort on the left side right under the ribs. Occasionally, I get it on the right side too. I've read other people's post on the forum where they've indicated that they'd researched (or been told by a doctor) that it has something to do with the way the colon bends there. Don't remember for certain what it was, but something that people with IBS often deal with. Like you, I also had my gallbladder removed. That was where most of my troubles began actually. And yes, given my surgeon's attitude I also felt a bit like an experiment. I take hyoscyamine for my flare ups. Although flare ups probably isn't the best term, because when they happen all the time they aren't really flare ups anymore are they? I've found that if I have a run-to-bathroom episode during the day that it is only the first of many. If it happens once, it'll be happening again. The medication doesn't usually prevent the first episode since I really have no warning beforehand, but I do find that it will keep the episodes that usually follow at bay. However, I'll still "feel" like I'm going to have them. So although they don't happen, my lower regions don't relax to the point that I'm not in a constant state of wondering whether I'm going to have to run for the restroom. Part of that's mental though and will get better as I begin to trust the medication more. So basically, I'm saying that while hyoscyamine isn't a savior, I'm better off than I was.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.