Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys :)I was diagnosed with IBS when I was around 17 (I'm 27 now). He did not diagnose me with A,B or C but I can tell you that I suffer from both, more constipation than anything. Anyway, My doctor prescribed me Hyoscyamine but I was a bad girl and hardly ever took the medicine on a regular basis until recently. In retrospect, I could have saved myself a lot of suffering and pain. Anyway, I have been taking it for a few months now and I can tell a HUGE difference. I went to the pharmacy today and the medicine was 37.40. Now I had never paid over 5 bucks for it so I asked why the price increase. According to wal-mart, the medicine had been bought out by another company. 37.40 is a tad bit steep for me. I was wondering if there is any alternative medicine that is similar to Hyoscyamine to treat IBS? I also have amatiza for when nothing else works. Too expensive to take daily. On a side note, I did start incorporating citrucel into my daily regimine and it took seems to help. Is that enough though?Any help or info is MUCH appreciated. Thanks so much guys !

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.