Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone here has hyperhidrosis--overactive sweat glands. I used to have this problem as a teenager. Then I used a product called Drysol which stopped me from perspiring (underarm) completely. Then within a year's time I developed IBS problems. I think there might be a connection. It's as if my hypersensitivity moved from one area of my body into another.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hi Dana S, as a teenager I had the same problem, used something, can't remember what, and like you no more sweating. My IBS problems didn't start until many years later, so I don't think their is a connection, not for me anyway.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I just started using Certain Dri, and it has helped a great deal. THe IBS started when I was a teenager, 18 years ago, and the perspiration just became a problem in the last few years. I don't see a connection. I believe that, for me, the perspiration is due to changing hormones, etc.------------------Feel good, everyone ----> IBSfreeIf you can dream it, you can do it. --- Walt Disney

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DANAS - HI, I HAVEN'T BEEN ON THE BB FOR A LONG TIME, BUT JUST RECENTLY STARTED AGAIN. I WANTED TO TELL YOU THAT I HAD THE VERY SAME EXPERIENCE YOU DID. I HAD A SWEATING PROBLEM WHEN I WAS YOUNGER. THINGS HAPPENED TO ME THAT JUST SEEMED LIKE I EXCHANGED ONE PROBLEM FOR ANOTHER. I HAD TERRIBLE HEADACHES FOR THE LONGEST TIME WHEN MY CHILDREN WERE YOUNG. I WAS AT THE DOCTOR'S OFFICE EVERY WEEK IT SEEDED FOR THESE HEADACHES. THEN A COUPLE YEARS LATER, THE HEADACHES WERE GONE, BUT I GOT THIS RASH ON MY FACE THAT LASTED A COUPLE YEARS. THEN WHEN I WAS DIVORCED, I GOT THIS TERRIBLE SWEATING PROBLEM THAT THE SWEAT WOULD ROLL DOWN MY ARMS AND RUIN MY CLOTHS. THEN I WENT TO THE DR. AND HE GAVE ME A SCRIP FOR DRYSOL (SP) WHICH I USED FOR A WEEK AND THE SWEATING COMPLETELY STOP. I WAS SO HAPPY, BUT THAT'S WHEN I STARTED WITH THE IBS, AND I HAVE HAD IT EVER SINCE. I DO BELIEVE THAT IT HAS GOTTON WORSE AS I HAVE GOTTON OLDER. TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH, I WOULD TAKE SWEATING THE REST OF MY LIFE IF I COULD GET RID OF IBS. I DON'T HAVE A LIFE ANYMORE. ANYWAY, JUST WANTED TO TELL YOU THAT I HAD THE SAME EXPERIENCE.------------------

1 - 4 of 4 Posts