Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have the impression that some part of my colon are more sensitive than others. I depends where stool is located. But worst pain comes from right colon edge and the end of colon (rectum). It`s not like diarrhea, but I get a very strong urgency and pain when some stool gets down there. Stool is always hard but it feels like a pressure from a vise (!!!?). I know this is are symptoms that sounds like a classic IBS with strong hypersensibility, but don`t want to live like this until some pharma companies come up with something helpful. This will go on for years, I guess. I tried antispasmodics, metamcuil and zelnorm. Nothing with any effect. Zelnorm was my big aspiration, but I couldn`t find any paintreating effect. Stool was a bit softer. Folks, I have enough. My life is completly trapped like my stool in my colon. I`m 24 year old guy, and have no plan for future. I had to quit school cause of IBS. This was 3 years ago. I tried to do some small jobs, but it was a torture with this painful colon. Made a lot of thing wrong and without concentration. My family don`t understand me, it`s like a invisible disease.I moved away from them and life alone. Anyway, my sugestions for near future is to jump from a bridge or to remove the colon. IBS with chornical pain and gas makes it very difficult to start an education or a relationship. It`s a bit more difficult to handle this when you are young and have to fight for your place in the society. In my age you have to find a way, do an education, learn, stand on your own feet. But that`s all impossible for me with IBS. Anyone feels like this?

·
Banned
8,831 Posts
Sarmiento, have you tried antidepressants.? Prozac is supposed to be good for constipation because it accelerates the transit time. With less time in the tract, the stools won't be as hard. "Fluoxetine(Prozac) has been shown to decrease orocecal and whole gut transit times in both constipation-predominant IBS and controls (11). This may explain why Tabas et al. observed some benefits in terms of constipation in their trial (4)." Also Effexor-"Venlafaxine (Effexor)(an inhibitor of serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake) has been shown to reduce colonic compliance and relax the colon in healthy volunteers (12). " I don't know what it means in terms of hypersensitivity but may be something to discuss with your doc. From my reading of it the effect will be to make the colon more elastic. And they will improve your mood too. I think it is worth it to try a couple of antideprressants atlleast. What happened with Auygmentin?Also "Fedotozine seems capable of reversing visceral hypersensitivity observed in these patients and could have some beneficial action on their symptoms."http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.f...0&dopt=Citation

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bonnieiThanks. I`m playing around wih antidepressants since two years. I tried some tricyclic and SSRI agents. Like Effexor, Seropram and now I`m on paroxtine. I don`t know if it works. Hypersensibility is very strong and I can feel it 24/7. But I realy don`t have a good everyday life to messure my disorders. It`s easier to observe your symptoms when you have a regular job. I have a slight impression that Augmentin helps a bit with the gas, I`m on very highcarb though. No a lot farts today, but It feels like there is a lot trapped (don`t know if it`s gas or stool).I`m still looking for something that could help to make the bowel more elastic with less pain. You "only" have gas, haven`t you? No hypersensibilty? Greetings Sarmiento

·
Banned
8,831 Posts
Correct. I don't have hypersensitivity. Please keep looking. There are many a/d out there. You will find something that works for you. And yes go on low carb though that could increase constipation. Maybe take some fiber supplements.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bonnieiIf you only suffers from gas, perhaps you don`t have IBS. (only a thought). Is IBS not related to hypersensiblity? A big part of the population suffers from C, but with only C you don`t have a irritabile bowel syndrome. Perhaps a good question for flux. It`s all in your mind bonniei

·
Banned
8,831 Posts
Hypersensitivity could be due to the pooling effect of gas. That is they pool together at different points along the GI tract and then provide stimuli at the different points. There is something called the summation effect where the sum effect of the stimuli is bigger than the individual stimulus or in the scientists own words"This means that when focal distension is produced simultaneously at various sites, even at sites distant from one another, there is a marked increase in perception which is disproportionate to that induced by distension of a single intestinal site.9"This site talks about gas and hypersensitivityhttp://gut.bmjjournals.com/cgi/content/full/51/suppl_1/i72

·
Registered
34 Posts
Oh my gosh sari! We have the same exact thing. I am a 23 yr old female. Its like out of no where this sharp pain will be in your booty canal! I hate it. And it always freaks me out like is that cancer! I think its just trapped gas or something dude. Just dont think about the pain as much and it will fade out a little. I am not a doctor tho. They diagnosed me with IBS so I figured it went with this whole package. Yes it does hurt though. Does the pain ever move up to your stomach though? Let me know. I hope this has helped. Peace

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
quote:Sarmiento
quote:Less gas = less hypersensibility?
Interesting idea.I would guess depending of the composition of it.The toxic one would be more dull.But this not an answer for the location of the trapped gas.I posted that i have pubic trapped gas and some tell that theirs gas are in others place.Bonnei,i will look your link.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
quote:nteresting idea.I would guess depending of the composition of it.The toxic one would be more dull.But this not an answer for the location of the trapped gas.I posted that i have pubic trapped gas and some tell that theirs gas are in others place.
Perhaps you feel also stool there. I felt always stool with trapped gas behind it. This could also get toxic. I assume, the only thing that will work is going low carb, like bonniei said. low carb -> less gas -> less toxic -> better perestaltic -> less pain.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.