Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have IBS, but I also have some mental/emotional problems. I've noticed that I tend to notice every little twitch and really seem to fixate on the pressure on my bladder from the IBS. I believe the Bowel clogs up and then pushes on my bladder. I've had such bad experiences with it in the past, that currently I'm in a major panic and all I can think about is some relief. I can't stop thinking about it. I saw somewhere about cognitive/behavioral steps for people who are hypersensitive to body syptoms and tend to blow them out of proportion, just making matters worse. Any help with the cognitive/behavior ideas?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I feel like I have the same problem. I am hypersensitive to symptoms of IBS. Sometimes I feel like I am nuts, but I can literally feel a BM workings its way through the colon. I can feel it several hours before I actually have to go. I have no idea if this is normal for people with IBS but I have only had this problem since my IBS symptoms began several years ago. I also feel like I obsess about every little problem I have. I am sure that stress only aggravates the IBS problems. It is kind of like a never ending battle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.