Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
GLBECK....There are many threads on the effectieness of this method...many here have had tremendous reduction of IBS symptoms...to find out more..Click on search on the upper right side of the page and type in "hypnotherapy" and also "Mike001" and you will get lots of information. There are several methods of hypnotherapy, but a gut-specific process is best for IBS...one such source is found through Mike's tapes, although there are others. For more info on his tapes, go to: www.ibsaudioprogram.com or click on the blue square on the upper left of the page...Hope this helps...there are also many research studies done on this complimentary form of therapy, check out the Research Forum as well... Take care and be well...
------------------Marilyn

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Another Mind-Body technique appears to be as effective as drugs and is currently in clinical trial vs one of effective antidepressants for IBS.Based on the reports here, the hypnotherapy seems as effective as the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy I did as part of that clinical trial.K.

·
Registered
546 Posts
i'm sure this question has been asked before, but how do you find a professional hypnotist for this sort of thing? how do you find someone you can trust? how many times do you need to see someone for this treatment?-jen

·
Registered
23,983 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
It has helped me tremendously even though I didn't have the stamina to do more than 50days worth of the tapes. I rarely get C any more and it has cut down on bloating and that feeling tha I used to get that I could sense food going through my digestive tract...yuck. I also rarely get abdominal pain.Don't get me wrong I'm not cured, but it has helped me manage the symptoms.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.