Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seriously considering using hypnosis to help the ibs. Question for those who have tried it: with the hypnosis, have y ou been somehow able to retrain the stomach (and mind) to eat things that you haven't been able to eat for months/years? I would love to be able to eat a fresh salad but haven't done so for a very long time since I know what it will do to me. Same goes for fresh fruit, with only a couple of exceptions. Any thoughts? I also want to lose weight and eating the salads would certainly help with that problem. Otherwise, I'm on a very restricted diet. Any thoughts? Thanks, Phyllis

·
Registered
922 Posts
Phyllis, Mikes hypno100 program has helped me a lot and nowadays I eat whatever I want. Some things will cause me a problem but I don't worry about it happening and it usually is over after one trip to the BR. I can eat salads, real spicy or greasy foods can cause an upset but I see the same effect in my wife and others without IBS/D???? Good luck, Norb

·
Registered
922 Posts
Phyllis, Mikes hypno100 program has helped me a lot and nowadays I eat whatever I want. Some things will cause me a problem but I don't worry about it happening and it usually is over after one trip to the BR. I can eat salads, real spicy or greasy foods can cause an upset but I see the same effect in my wife and others without IBS/D???? Good luck, Norb

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Phyllis, I personally have been able to do what you mentioned. My thirty year severe IBS went into remission as well.If you need any information let me know. I am not sure why you haven't gotten more responcees here as there sure are enough doing it and getting better, but the hypnosis is an individual things with everyone just like anything else, but statistically it has the highest success rate for IBS for the majority of people who do it so you odds are way good and the side effects are pleasant.Let me know if you have any specific questions.I would also read the success threads to understand how others did. http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum11/HTML/000433.html http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum11/HTML/000017.html I personally highly recommend this approach.If you go to see one in person let us know as we have questions you can ask themm as well.Mike is an expert on this as well so you know.
------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forum.I work with Mike building his websites. www.ibsaudioprogram and www.healthyaudio.com I also work with Mike in IBS clinical trials using Mikes tapes at an IBS research facility.My own website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com Please visit for accurate information on IBS.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Phyllis, I personally have been able to do what you mentioned. My thirty year severe IBS went into remission as well.If you need any information let me know. I am not sure why you haven't gotten more responcees here as there sure are enough doing it and getting better, but the hypnosis is an individual things with everyone just like anything else, but statistically it has the highest success rate for IBS for the majority of people who do it so you odds are way good and the side effects are pleasant.Let me know if you have any specific questions.I would also read the success threads to understand how others did. http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum11/HTML/000433.html http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum11/HTML/000017.html I personally highly recommend this approach.If you go to see one in person let us know as we have questions you can ask themm as well.Mike is an expert on this as well so you know.
------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forum.I work with Mike building his websites. www.ibsaudioprogram and www.healthyaudio.com I also work with Mike in IBS clinical trials using Mikes tapes at an IBS research facility.My own website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com Please visit for accurate information on IBS.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
phyllisfin, I meant to ask do you know much about clinical hypnosis or hypnosis for IBS?------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forum.I work with Mike building his websites. www.ibsaudioprogram and www.healthyaudio.com I also work with Mike in IBS clinical trials using Mikes tapes at an IBS research facility.My own website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com Please visit for accurate information on IBS.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
phyllisfin, I meant to ask do you know much about clinical hypnosis or hypnosis for IBS?------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forum.I work with Mike building his websites. www.ibsaudioprogram and www.healthyaudio.com I also work with Mike in IBS clinical trials using Mikes tapes at an IBS research facility.My own website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com Please visit for accurate information on IBS.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Hi Phyllis, I finished the hypnotherapy tapes months ago and have seen dramatic improvements. I do eat foods that I once thought were the cause of my problems with no ill effects. I did have an IBS attack a few weeks ago but it was the first in a long time and have been fine since. I highly recomend it.sickofsick

·
Registered
613 Posts
Hi Phyllis, I finished the hypnotherapy tapes months ago and have seen dramatic improvements. I do eat foods that I once thought were the cause of my problems with no ill effects. I did have an IBS attack a few weeks ago but it was the first in a long time and have been fine since. I highly recomend it.sickofsick

G

·
Hi All,Norb,SOS pleased to hear your doing good
Phyliss,Often there can be alleviation from "forbidden foods". The mind also creates anchors to some foods. For example, you might have a bad bout of D, and while going through the pain/experience of the D you may think of things you have eaten. You might think of an "innocent food" but at the same time anchor in the pain of the D expereince to that once innocent food. Then the mind works to help you avoid that food and a negative link is created!I wish you well,Best RegardsMike------------------ www.ibsaudioprogram.com

G

·
Hi All,Norb,SOS pleased to hear your doing good
Phyliss,Often there can be alleviation from "forbidden foods". The mind also creates anchors to some foods. For example, you might have a bad bout of D, and while going through the pain/experience of the D you may think of things you have eaten. You might think of an "innocent food" but at the same time anchor in the pain of the D expereince to that once innocent food. Then the mind works to help you avoid that food and a negative link is created!I wish you well,Best RegardsMike------------------ www.ibsaudioprogram.com

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks all for your responses. I have a complementary consult with the hypnotist on Monday afternoon, so if you have any questions you want me to ask, holler away. I haven't set up any real appointment yet. I did have one session with another hypnotist several months ago and I could go into a "trance". However, while working with her tape at home after that first session, her voice annoyed me and her visualization techniques made no sense at all. So, I'm going to suggest to this one that (1) there is some type of background music or sound (bubbling brook, light music or some such) and that we try to get the mind away from negative thoughts. I try to do it on my own, but it doesn't always work. My problem is going to be to set myself a schedule for "meditation" and stick to it. Again, thanks for your answers. You guys/gals are the greatest. Don't know where I would be without you. Phyllis

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks all for your responses. I have a complementary consult with the hypnotist on Monday afternoon, so if you have any questions you want me to ask, holler away. I haven't set up any real appointment yet. I did have one session with another hypnotist several months ago and I could go into a "trance". However, while working with her tape at home after that first session, her voice annoyed me and her visualization techniques made no sense at all. So, I'm going to suggest to this one that (1) there is some type of background music or sound (bubbling brook, light music or some such) and that we try to get the mind away from negative thoughts. I try to do it on my own, but it doesn't always work. My problem is going to be to set myself a schedule for "meditation" and stick to it. Again, thanks for your answers. You guys/gals are the greatest. Don't know where I would be without you. Phyllis

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
phyllisfin, good luck with your new therapist.
Here are the questions for you. http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum11/HTML/000252.html let us know if we can help with anything else.------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forum.I work with Mike building his websites. www.ibsaudioprogram and www.healthyaudio.com I also work with Mike in IBS clinical trials using Mikes tapes at an IBS research facility.My own website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com Please visit for accurate information on IBS.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
phyllisfin, good luck with your new therapist.
Here are the questions for you. http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum11/HTML/000252.html let us know if we can help with anything else.------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forum.I work with Mike building his websites. www.ibsaudioprogram and www.healthyaudio.com I also work with Mike in IBS clinical trials using Mikes tapes at an IBS research facility.My own website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com Please visit for accurate information on IBS.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.