Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read a lot about Mike's tapes and have two questions. Have those who have used them successfully found that they can now tolerate foods that they couldn't before using them? I find that diet it the absolute biggest contributor to my IBS. If I am nearly perfect about avoiding trigger foods, I am generally okay. But, I would LOVE to be able to eat certain foods again! My other question is - do the benefits of Mike's tapes generalize to other physical manifestations of anxiety/stress? I also have hyperhydrosis which is greatly triggered by stress. Would Mike's tapes help me control this better?Thanks to any and all who respond.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Good questions. For me, the answer is yes to both. The tapes have the added benefit of reducing anxiety. Spending 30 minutes a night relaxing reduces your stress levels. Also, I find I can eat more of the foods I used to avoid. I still stay away from dairy (although I do eat a bit of cheese once in a while), but I now eat citrus fruits and salads which I missed terribly. The tapes were the best thing I ever did for IBS. After 28 years of IBS D, panic and anxiety, I am living my life again.AZ

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
anderson8297, I am just adding my other post to here for you.anderson8297, did you read the post below by any chance. Also you might want to post the question in the HT forum by using the hop to option. HT addresses some root cause issues for many users and this helps to be able to eat more normally again without pain. It has done this for me peersonally and I am happy about it as I am also a chef. I also love popcorn and have been able to eat that again. It is however not a cure for trigger foods that bother you. Fat is fat and will effect digestion in normal people even. Hope that helps ask away in the ht forum, not many come here.It might help to read this just to learn more about it. http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php...ic;f=5;t=000323 If you have questions feel free.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Anderson, i actually have hyperhydrosis too. But i have never really thought of it as some weird disease LOL. I find if i ignore it its fine. But as soon as i think about it...But i suppose thats the same with many things. There are things you can do to help it though. So do not fear! Email me- spliff100uk###yahoo.co.uk

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hi andersonThere is no cure for IBS. HT is a coping tool that lessen the problem so that you will tolerate better foods that actally make the problem worst.And also, if you have stress in your life, it will lessen also your stress.Stress makes things worst than they are.---------

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.