Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went and tryed this three times about a year ago. It was very relaxing and the whole hypnosis session was put on cassette tapes for me to listen to each night as I was going to sleep. It was to try to reprogram me to have positive thoughts instead of negative. Even though I dont use the tapes much any more, I still remember them and can still put my self in a mild state of hypnosis to help me stay in control when I think I'm fixing to have an attack. Try it.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Hi dent:Hypnotherapy is a great tool for IBS! And stress reduction and many other things also.Quite a few of us here are using Mike's hypnotherapy tapes, and having success with them. I pretty much alternate between C & D, with severe cramping a few days a month. It's gotten the C & D days to a minimum, and the cramping is way down too!Good luck with your tapes.
By the way, we just started a Sunday evening hypnotherapy support group. It starts at 7:30 pm Eastern Time, and hour before our regular chat. We just had the first meeting last Sunday, so join us if you want to.JeanG

·
Registered
550 Posts
Dent, you hit the nail on the head with this post. For anyone suffering with Anxiety or Panic Attacks, this is the key to recovery, along with diet, exercise and retraining your mind from "what if" negative thinking to "what if" positive thinking." Great post, Thank's.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Dent, I concur with luckylou this has helped me more than anything, from the pain to the anxiety of having IBS and I am now funtioning at least 80% better. There is enough info out there to show this is an under-rated succesful complimentary treatment for IBS.I hope you join us for our chat.
------------------ http://webpotential.com/ericibs/index.htm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.