Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a colonoscopy scheduled for next week.After a bad bout tonight where I had cramps and was sitting on the toilet and shaking my abdomen for literally 20 minutes before everything finally came out, part of me hopes that they find something during the procedure. At least then they might be able to cure it.If they don't find anything, then that means I have the impossible-to-cure IBS, and will have to suffer for the rest of my life.

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
Do not despair just yet. Even if they do find it is just IBS, there are many of us who have found ways to coexist with the condition. Most of those approaches are on the Board. It is just a matter of working your way through them to find one that is right for you.Mark

·
Registered
25 Posts
I TOTALLY agree! i went for a sigdmioscopy ( however its spelt!) and i kept thinking if its crohns (which they thought it was cos had anaemia and some inflamation) then at least it is a physical problem , its something i cant beat myself up about for eating the wrong thing/getting stressed etc. but when i saw my healthy looking bowel on the screen, there was a huge sense of relief! im following heathers help for ibs diet, and listening to mikes tape and its early days, i know i wont be cured but i think there will b a time where ibs is a part of my life that just doesnt bother me any more and something i learn to live with.hypnotherapy really changed my attitude, you should give it a try!

·
Registered
494 Posts
I too am hopeful. If the hypnotherapy doesn't make it WAY better, I'm going to try other things one at a time. I figure if I tried something each month: exercise, fiber, digestive advantage, calcium, etc...eventually something will work.If it doesn't, I'll have to give antidepressants another go. In the past, they all but eradicated the problem. I could like a 90% normal life...get on planes, etc. Only problems were bus trips (with no BR) and dentists.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I can surely related, but I'm hoping to send some positive and motivating thoughts your way.If you were to have something more medically serious, then you might end up with many more challenging problems down the line. An acquaintence, for example, recently had part of his colon removed after years of crohn's. He was in severe pain for weeks, couldn't go to work at all, can no longer perform many activities, etc.As 'overitnow' stated, there are hopeful solutions out there. Its a matter of trial-and-error to find the right one.Against your wishes possibly, I hope that they don't find anything more serious!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.