Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, it is not the most pleasing of screen names, but it sums up my life. I am 36 years old and was first afflicted with IBS when I was 18. I have been through countless doctors, the majority of no help what so ever, tried every suggested remedy out there, and still no relief...no hope. I am IBS-D and as I have gotten older it has gotten worse, or I have gotten to the point where I don't handle it as well. It affects every part of my life, my job is in jeopardy because of constant attacks, my friends are fewer because it is hard for many to understand why I always have to bail or don't make certain plans, especially those away from a bathroom, my family is understanding but it is still frustrating to them and me, and as for love life we gave up on that a long time ago. Once upon a time I was the person who would proclaim that this "issue" was not going to affect me, I would live my life!!! Yeah right, there is no life to live when you have a severe case of IBS-D. Of course you don't talk about it with too many people because most don't get it or they just think it is all in your head, I wish...For those who do understand and have compassion I still think it is difficult for them to understand have severe and painful these attacks can be and most importantly have hard it is emotionally and pyscologically to try to get through the "funk" that comes with it. I am still in search for that right combination that will provide more relief and a chance at a better life, but one bad episode always seems to blow that out of the water...currently going through a bad phase. It is nice to know that I am not alone in my struggle, but at the same time as I am sure you all know, it feels very much like I am alone. I guess I have joined up to once again find some kind of inspiration and compassion about how to deal with this. There are some really great stories in this site that make it seem like there is a light out there of relief, I just don't see it yet for myself. I want to just crawl in a hole and have someone throw dirt on me, but the reality hits and I have to figure out how to pay the rent. I then realized that I live with IBS-D, but I am not "living" with it, I am just going through the motions of life, so my intent with the help of this site and perhaps a bit of luck I will find away to start "living" with IBS-D and not continuing to coward in a dark corner. Fingers-crossed....

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.