Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am new here.I am here to talk with other ibs sufferers and learn what others do to deal with ibs.I was just diagnosed last year.I had a colonoscopy ,found nothing so he said it was ibs and left it at that.So here i am.I have actually had this i believe for 10 yrs or so.I have problems with certain foods but not all tyhe time.I may be able to have one thing with no problems.Two weeks later have it again and no problem.A month later have it again and have a big problem.It has gotten to a point where i really dont know what foods will affect me,or when.I dont like to go out to eat with friends or have dinner over other people houses for fear of having a problem at their house and with what THEY cooked for me. So any advice at will help.I have tried to switch to soy milk even rice milk but still had problems.I cut caffiene and choclate out but was still having problems.Tried to eat more friut and veggies but sometimes even that would send me running to the bathroom or give me bad gas wich was embarassing.Any suggestions? thank you

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
It is a myth that food is the only thing that triggers IBS and if you just figured that out you would never have any symptoms ever again.Often it is physical stressors (like how is your sleep this week and for women often where they are in their cycle) or mental stressors that set things of and food is just getting the blame.If you can eat a food some of the time and be fine it isn't one of your triggers and since diet is rarely the only trigger and is rarely the only treatment you may want to expand what you are trying to do to control things.Some people do find the foods that are hard on any human's digestive tract (like a large heavy high fat meal) may be harder on them when the IBS is having a "bad day" for other reasons so do tend to eat foods that are gentler on the system when the IBS is acting up for other reasons and find that makes the bad days less bad.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts