Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so ashamed and disgusted with myself!! I've only recently been diagnosed with IBS and at the weekend i had too much to eat and too much to drink at a friends house. I was throwing up because i had drunk too much and couldn't control myself and soiled myself with the retching that the vomiting was causing. I feel like crying just telling you all this but i feel like i've no one to speak to about this - I am soooo embarrassed. Luckily my fiance was there and he made sure no one except the person who's house it was knew what was going on. He had to strip me off, wash my clothes and shower me off. I've been ill for the past 3 days i think because of the stress on my stomach and the horror of it.I just don't know how i can face the person who's house it was and i worry that my other half is trying to spare me even more embarrasment by lying about who knows. i also worry that they would've smelt it when thay used the toilet after and know. I'm not a very confident person and this has just really got me down.I know it's a total strict diet, meds etc from now on - i've been shocked in to that but i just can't see how i can ever forget this, i just want the ground to swallow me up.Sorry for going on and thanks for reading - any advice support and similarly embarrasing stories that can help me will be very gratefully received.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Sorry this happened.. but don't be too tough on yourself. It's a live & learn thing. And I doubt anyone worthy of your friendship would bring it up in conversation. Try to let it go and move on. Just another life lesson is all. (((((Hugs)))))

·
Registered
307 Posts
And I doubt anyone worthy of your friendship would bring it up in conversation.
I agree with thw and I understand the worries about it Scarlet.You always think the worst case scenario about things like this.If someone (even though unlikely) would bring it up other people would understand that person is an ass. And you would only have to say that you got a diease (ibs) to make it even more obvious that person is an ass...With time it gets easier to just say that you got ibs. I only recently got open with it since I now start to accept that there may be no cure for me. I had IBS for 4 years where of the last 2 are quite severe and I only recently started telling a few friends about it. But I do feel better not hiding it and most people are very understanding and some even wonder if they may have it themselves (the problem is more usual than you think).

·
Registered
894 Posts
Since I started talking about it, you'd be surprised how many people want to tell me their horror stories. It's like I opened a dike! You aren't alone. Everyone has accidents. We are just raised to be modest and clean. This too shall pass. You've got a good guy there! We all need cover at times, now you know he's dependable so you learned more than one lesson. Take the good parts and leave the bad, move on. Hard, I know, but I've learned so much sympathy for others due to this condition. It's actually made me a better person.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.