Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel great on days when i donot go to the bathroom..after 10 imodium 2-4 lonox.. but that only stops me ujp for 2 days or less>>>then at the slightest gurgle i freak out get anxiety attack because i know the big one is about to hit....that first little noise freak me out to noend and it always ends ujp with mw sick as heck 10 times of D curled up with a heating pad and house bound for days i am getting sooo sick of this i am afraid of the thoughts i get when i feel like this

·
Registered
311 Posts
nothappy, i understand u so much & i know what u r talking about............i have learned so much in the last 7yrs...........i have also tried so many different things.........meds, herbs, vitamins, minerals & many things in-between.........what i found out about meds, is they only treat symptoms, they do not cure anything..........if u r only looking for something to help control the symptoms for a time, so that u have to go back & take them again & again, then keep doing what u r doing...........u might want to read my other posts, i've gone on at length about all of it.........adrenal fatigue is a beast & of course when u even feel those twinges, u get more stressed..........when u r stressed, ur adrenals r suppose to kick in more hormones to stop the effects of stress from effecting u in a negative way...........aldosterone is the one that causes the D........it has to do with sodium & dehydration.........when aldosterone is not produced in enough quantities to help with the stress & it starts to fall, it kicks off reaction in the kidneys & they start dumping sodium, where sodium goes, so does water..........for those of us with ibs-d, it causes that sodium to b dumped thru our intestines.........after a while, potassium goes with it..........this can cause a real problem........if the sodium & potassium r not replaced as soon as u have the first trot to the toilet, it keeps dumping the sodium, because the aldosterone is low & stays low..........now, taking those drug to stop the D, doesn't replace the necessary electrolytes..........it also doesn't help the adrenals to catch up.........sodium is one of those things that helps the adrenals catch up & with all the garbage out there about how sodium is so bad for u, we r screwed coming & going............i replace with seasalt.......it's all very confusing.........i know this, i still learn everyday.........i live the things i learn..........then there's what i've said about hydrochloric acid...........the reduced amounts of that can cause too much gastrin & histamine..........when the things in the stomach r not balanced, then it can cause the liver & gallbladder to malfunction & dump too much bile into the intestines..........this can cause D, too........from the time u even think about putting food in ur mouth, it all starts........and if we foul up anywhere along the way, WE R GOING TO PAY FOR IT........... i know that there r some here who think i'm full of it, that i don't know what i'm talking about..........but i do not take any drugs that stop the very contractions that help me to absorb the nutrients from my food...........i have very little D these days & it is getting better all the time..........i can leave my house & spend time on the freeway, without having to know where every frikken gas station & fast food place is with a public bathroom..........i sleep thru the nite w/o having to spend the nite trotting to the bathroom a ton of times.........i can go out shopping or to the movies when i want to.........all these things i was troubled with b 4..........so i figure i might have some idea how to deal with this horrible, horrible thing.........sorry, i've folded up my soapbox...........well, like i said, read my other posts, there is alot of info in those..........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.