Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I know what you're saying. I've had IBS for over 20 years and tried a lot of things. But I have found help through this board.First, you don't say what your symptoms are. One thing I learned here is that there is no one set of symptoms for IBS. Some people have only D, some only C, some alternate (me!), some have only pain, some gas, some acid, etc. Or a whole combination.So the best thing to do is to read around the baord and look for people dealing with the same issue as you. nancy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi nancy,I have a combination of symptoms with I.B.S.i can be in any kind of mood & it starts up for no reason,but this time has been the worst ever,i am very carefull in what i eat, & what not to eat,so still trying to find help of any kind. Sue :

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I've been through that too. Mostly, I feel that when I'm having problems with D since I can handle the C better (less disruptive). All I can tell you is what helped me - all things I've learned through people on this board. I use calcium and magnesium - calcium constipates and so helps with the D. But since i alternate, I need to add some magnesium. When I'm doing well, I find a 2:1 ratio best - but if running more towards D then ore calcium. I also use fiber but frankly unless I'm more C, I often skip it. But what has been most helpful is hypnotherapy. It's helped me by not only reducing problems, but when I do get cramps I can better control the pain and even the need to run to the bathroom. And it's helped me change thought processes. It took me over a year reading about it and talking to people here before I tried it but it's been great. nancy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.