Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bet that it is something simple with me...like maybe I have too much yeast or bacteria overgrowth or a food sensitivity...but my doctor just doesn't give a ####....no PUN intended !!! I went to a GI doc and just got the standard..you have IBS take more fibre.... that is it. not colonoscopy test no other tests...RRRRR

·
Registered
7 Posts
If it is yeast or bacteria wouldnt taking acidophilus clear things up? I recently read up on the stuff and bought some, it got rid of my heartburn/indigestion and many articles mention using it for yeast build up, it adjusts the stomachs pH balance.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Neanderthal, pre-historic, stone age doctors who spout the outdated and discredited "eat more fibre" mantra are a disgrace to their profession. That a GI doc of all people could say that, just provides us with another example of exactly what IBS sufferers are up against.He should be sacked, preferably after being deliberately infected with IBS if such a thing were possible, just to teach him to take the condidtion more seriously. Then he can see for himself how much of an improvement he gets after eating fibre till he's blue in the face and red in the ****!(Four asterisks because I'm in the UK, for the benefit of US contributors it would be three.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.