Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody. It was Lou026 who gave me the info about buying imodium by prescription. My doctor has prescripted generic loperamide 2mg, for 50 pills. My Blue Cross insurance has approved it and I only had to pay a copayment of 5 dollars. I used to pay 4 dollars for just 12 caplets. So I have saved some money. Thank you Lou026 for the info on this board.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I did the same fora while,now my insurance company is questioning it because it is an over the counter drug. I do not know what my Dr. can do about it, but I am on 4 a day and if I have to buy that amount over the counter you willnot be hearing from me anymore- there will be no computers at the poor house!!!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Knothappy. I just thought of something. My son and his wife are going to Mexico this month on vacation. I can ask them to buy me some emodium at a cheaper rate. All the U.S.A. drug companies sell their drugs a lot cheaper to Mexico. The European drug companies also sell drugs at a cheaper rate to Mexico. I have bought drugs in Mexico that are not sold in U.S.A. A lot of Americans go to Mexico to get their prescriptions filled at a cheaper rate. The pharmacist gives you back your prescription so you can show it at customs if you have to. For many years I have bought meds legally in MEXICO. I don't know what the rules are in Canada and what the prices are. Can anyone give us info on Canada?.I had fun in Paris and Switerland sp buying over the counter drugs that are not sold in U.S.A. For example; estrogen gel. Too bad Lotronex never was sold in Mexico as far as I know. It probably would have been named in Mexico, Lotranexa. They like to give the meds a spanish sounding name. See you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts