Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have joined new job and I am helpless because of IBS-C.

I work in I.T, I have to go to toilet 6-7 times in a day and feels hopeless and do not feel well in the office.

I can not concentrate.

I feel really bad that I could not work as productive as others do. I used be star performer in my project, now this sucks.

Managing job with Outperforming with IBS is nearly impossible for me now.

Its kind of just live with this shit, its horrible really, This is really a bad chapter of my life, Can not even enjoy my life.

Just somehow running my digestive system. God Please help me. :( :( :(
mad.gif

·
Registered
491 Posts
Me too, especially when the sleep is low and deadlines are crazy. Hang in there. Did you visit a doctor after this flare up ?

·
Registered
491 Posts
@ IndianRopeTrick

I do not have flare up or something however this is everyday's problem.

I am taking some ayurvedic herbs daily to keep it under control, that helps me to go
smile.png
Glad to hear that ayurveda is helping you. It hardly worked for me even when I took it religiously over a period of about 2 years. I guess it all depends on each person's situation.

Btw, be careful with laxatives, even ayurvedic ones. If your body gets used to them, then it sort of "forgets" to go on its own. That is when people start noticing that the

laxative that worked so well, does not work anymore. In short, handle with care.

Good luck :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@ IndianRopeTrick

Yes for Ayurveda there are few good practitioners, After trying Ayurveda my IBS symptoms are less severe.
My doctor is not suggesting laxatives for me because as per she IBS symptoms will become severe with laxatives use.

It's really difficult to live with this problem,especially when you have really bad day in office. :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems. As I also have tried ayurveda, in my case with success, I would be interested to know if your doctor has considered a panchakarma therapy. I know that an ayurvedic treatment depends on very specific personal conditions, and I am not suggesting this would be the right treatment for you, but it is something that an ayurvedic doctor/practitioner should at least consider as an option (at least I believe so).

·
Registered
224 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems. As I also have tried ayurveda, in my case with success, I would be interested to know if your doctor has considered a panchakarma therapy. I know that an ayurvedic treatment depends on very specific personal conditions, and I am not suggesting this would be the right treatment for you, but it is something that an ayurvedic doctor/practitioner should at least consider as an option (at least I believe so).
I'm sure you're probalby not around here much anymore, but would you share a little of what you did?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi laylow,

thank you for your interest, seems a bit like telepathy, as I had not been on the forum for a while! I tried to find my "story" that I had posted almost 7 years ago, but it seems to have disappeared from the forum.

For 20 years, I had suffered from 1x weekly (often more) diarrhea, followed by constipation, until the cycle would start again after a week. I had tried almost everything, exclusion diets, chinese medicine, homeopathy, anthroposophical medicine, digestive enzymes, low dose tryptamines, the list went on..

In a nutshell, sudden success came with going to an ayurvedic practitioner. I was diagnosed with a pitta disturbance, which is a "heat" problem located in the small intestine (in Ayurveda, there are three different body types, and each one needs a specifically adapted therapy). I then underwent panchakarma therapy for about 3 weeks, which is a "cleansing" procedure, which however only works if you prepare correctly (mere intake of laxatives does not work). It was as if somebody had hit a "reset" button..

I am well aware that Ayurveda does not cure everything (my migraine did not go away, also not my sinus problems), and I still experience typical "pitta" problems once in a while, such as diarrhea. Now I still have some problems every 3-4 weeks, and summertime also is not the best time (pitta disturbance gets worse in summer, which is pitta time). But it is nothing in comparison what was before.

I think it is also noteworthy that a specific and quite severe food intolerance (to bell pepper) had disappeared, as I later found out by accident.

If you are another body type, your problems may come from different imbalances and manifest parts of your body, e.g. lower colon. This is up to the ayurveda practitioner to determine. But basically, ayurveda presumes that imbalances lead to disease, and can be fixed or lessened in quite a few cases with the right therapy, and lifestyle, including diet.

Let me know if you need more specifics.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hi laylow,

thank you for your interest, seems a bit like telepathy, as I had not been on the forum for a while! I tried to find my "story" that I had posted almost 7 years ago, but it seems to have disappeared from the forum.

For 20 years, I had suffered from 1x weekly (often more) diarrhea, followed by constipation, until the cycle would start again after a week. I had tried almost everything, exclusion diets, chinese medicine, homeopathy, anthroposophical medicine, digestive enzymes, low dose tryptamines, the list went on..

In a nutshell, sudden success came with going to an ayurvedic practitioner. I was diagnosed with a pitta disturbance, which is a "heat" problem located in the small intestine (in Ayurveda, there are three different body types, and each one needs a specifically adapted therapy). I then underwent panchakarma therapy for about 3 weeks, which is a "cleansing" procedure, which however only works if you prepare correctly (mere intake of laxatives does not work). It was as if somebody had hit a "reset" button..

I am well aware that Ayurveda does not cure everything (my migraine did not go away, also not my sinus problems), and I still experience typical "pitta" problems once in a while, such as diarrhea. Now I still have some problems every 3-4 weeks, and summertime also is not the best time (pitta disturbance gets worse in summer, which is pitta time). But it is nothing in comparison what was before.

I think it is also noteworthy that a specific and quite severe food intolerance (to bell pepper) had disappeared, as I later found out by accident.

If you are another body type, your problems may come from different imbalances and manifest parts of your body, e.g. lower colon. This is up to the ayurveda practitioner to determine. But basically, ayurveda presumes that imbalances lead to disease, and can be fixed or lessened in quite a few cases with the right therapy, and lifestyle, including diet.

Let me know if you need more specifics.
I would like to find a practitioner, but my area is not good for that sort of practice. I'm in the center US. Did they put you on a food plan, or is there more to it? Herbs, I'm assuming.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes, a good food plan is important, as you need to make adjustements and not fall back into old habits, but also lifestyle (no more sunbathing for me, which might be a good thing anyways). I also took herbs for a while (after the therapy) for strength and well being. For the cure (I think I may call it that) they were not that important.

Regarding eating habits, my recommendation would be to look into ayurvedic recipe books and pick 1) what is suited for you and 2) what you like. You can then expand from that find other things that are similar and perhaps closer to the foods/culture that you are normally used to.

Regarding the practitioner, can you travel and stay with friends/family, at a place where someone might be available? Just a thought.

Just some thoughts, if prolonged traveling is not an option:

Have an initial consultation/diagnosis, preferably in person. I would also consider phone/skype as a second option, if everythting else is not possible. Then decide what to do. Also ask them if some parts of the treatment can be done at home.

One more thing, then I will keep quiet: the integrity of a practitioner can at least to some degree be judged by the amount he/she charges. Mine charged about 70 Euros for the initial consultation (this was 7 years ago). A relative of mine was charged 300 Euros by a Professor for Ayurveda..I am sure the advice was sound, but you are most likely not getting better advice in this field because you pay more.

Just my 2 cents)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.