Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, My name is Colleen. I was diagnosed with IBS a year ago, but the pains started two summers ago. Every time I would eat I would never be able to finish because of this pain that would occur in my stomach. I lost some where around 15 pounds and was not over weight to begin with. Recently I have just been eating through the pain because I am still hungry, but after wards I have to go lay down because of the crucial pain. I also become very bloated. I have had many test done and since the GI doctors eliminated the serious diseases they just said its IBS and I have to deal with it, but I have tried eating different things and its all the same, I get pains even when I am still hungry. Its just not fair, does anyone else have this problem? Please help!Colleen

·
Registered
584 Posts
Yes, I get bouts like that that last for several weeks. It's gotten so bad with me sometimes I haven't been able to swallow food at all. In my stomach it feels like I'm eating rocks.It's not something I've really ever been able to successfully deal with. I've had to go to a liquid diet in the past to cope. Even then it hurts, but not as bad. Good Luck.I know how hard it is to eat through the pain. For me, it always hits home the hardest this time of year, as I actually like to try and eat a lot on Thanksgiving and holidays. I tend to get stressed about eating around my mother, grandmother, etc. It's like they keep an eye on my plate, and I should always eat more.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I know what youe mean ,everything i eat,it is like my stomach starts hurting ( like it is cramping so bad till it goes down then when it goes down i start feeling it move on down it is crazy.I have all test nothing is wrong i guess

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
The problem is the colon becomes active after every meal. Doesn't matter what is in the meal, every single meal. Now fatty, large, or rich meals will have a bigger increase, but it is a reaction to eating anything.It is normal for the colon to get more active. What is abnormal is that it causes pain, even if the increase in activity is totally normal.The usual treatment for that is an antispasmodic (prescription or peppermint, Altoids have enough peppermint oil in them for this) taken 20-30 minutes before a meal to blunt the increase in activity.K.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Drink the inner gel from an aloe plant. Disregard scare-tactic research about the whole crushed heat-treated leaf. Most companies that sell aloe juice for ibs/gi problems use the inner gel. It's very soothing, especially if you drink it while cold. It kills the pain for me at least.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.