Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in 2008, i had a rash that wasn't going away so i took a oral fungal medication called Lamacil. For the next 2 weeks after taking this drug i started to feel funny. In fact, i was feeling funny while taking it. Eventually i got to the point where i started getting hit with diarrhea constantly and i couldn't eat food. This process of stomach pain and diarrhea went on for 15 months before a blood test revealed i had h. pylori, a bacteria that lives in the small intestines and can cause a lot of havoc. I took an anti-biotic to kill it, but since then life wont give me a break. I keep getting other infections that cause me to take anti-biotics to kill and they upset my stomach. Back in January i finally got a 8 week break from diarrhea and was starting to get my eating habbits back on track. I still had the awfull stomach pain that comes with IBS and so on. Then 3 weeks ago i got hit with another infection that i had before and had to go on a anti-biotic. The result was my stomach being sensitive to food. To make matters worse, last weekend i get hit with a stomach virus. Now im really messed up and losing weight like crazy cause i cant eat high calorie high fat foods. I use to weight 160 and now im down to 120 pounds. I don' think i can go on living like this any longer. I'm starting to think death seems better than this life.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.