Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant take living like this. I get really bad pain in my stomach and no one understands how bad i feel. I feel soo alone its soo bad that automatically tears will start to fill my eyes. I also have a herniated disk. This doesnt help at all. So my question is how do you deal with the pain and how do you not let it take over your life???

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Jazzy Trust me... many of us here "get it" and know how bad it is. There are many ways to manage pain. Of course you can try using an antispasmodic med.. like Levsin or Bentyl or their generic equivalents. If you want a more natural approach.. some folks find peppermint tea or peppermint capsules or even strong (Like Altoids) mints help to relax spasms. I had severe 10+ off the charts pain. I used distraction (doing something to completely take my mind off of it.... get so into doing something else that the pain isn't the 1st thing on my mind anymore). I had an antispasmodic med (Generic of Levsin).I also used relaxation techniques. I used slow deep (from the gut) breathing. Sometimes I did all of these to get through a bad day.But the best thing I used was the IBS 100 Audioprogram. See our CBT/Hypnotherapy Forum for more info>Hope you feel better soon and know for sure you are NOT alone!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oh yes i definitely know what you're talking about. I've had this pain so bad that while i was sitting on the toilet trying not to scream i've grabbed onto a little shelf thing that was next to me and accidently tipped the shelf, dropping all my sisters lovely glass figures and broke them V_V She came running up to the door asking what happened that i was in toooo much pain to even explain. LOL i just told her that i would tell her later and i felt so bad for breaking her glass figures D:I wish i knew what was wrong with you, but i dont even know what's wrong with me! I hope we can figure out what our problem is soon! Good luck!-ASH

·
Registered
25 Posts
I cant take living like this. I get really bad pain in my stomach and no one understands how bad i feel. I feel soo alone its soo bad that automatically tears will start to fill my eyes. I also have a herniated disk. This doesnt help at all. So my question is how do you deal with the pain and how do you not let it take over your life???
I have been coping with IBS for almost 2 years. It isn't easy but I have recently begun Arvigo massage treatment. I have had only one treatment but I felt great 3 days in a row! I have another scheduled for this week and can hardly wait to get there!I find diversion and exercise to be the only things that help me "ignore" the pain...I decided that IBS is not going to make the rules...I AM GOING TO MAKE THE RULES.Hope you will check out the massage (believe me I have tried many things...medication, change in diet, antidepressants) and I am so satisfied with the massage and it's cheaper than trips to the doctor!

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
Absolutely know about intense pain - I have been doubled over for hours on end... you are not alone.Take a peek at my journey below - after tons of meds, like BQ, the hypnotherapy helped me - if IBS is your worst problem, then do consider the IBS Audio Program - however, if pain is your worst symptom, then consider the Chronic Pain program - also by Michael Mahoney. In addition to my IBS, I have chronic abdominal scar tissue/adhesion pain from surgeries, and the chronic pain sessions take the pain away within 20 minutes - the Light Count session is amazing...All the best to you - I hope you find your way to feeling better, jazzy...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.