Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure what to do about my IBS anymore. The thought of spending the rest of my life this miserable makes me so depressed. I usually spend 2-3 hours every day getting my self to go to the bathroom which means I have to always wake up 4 hours before I have to be somewhere. I hardly ever get any sleep because of this so I am always tired. Some days I go to the bathroom 7 or 8 times and then other times I can't go for days. I don't understand this because I eat the same thingsand take the same otc products everyday. If I have a day where I can't really go then I can't really eat that day since I can't get caughtat work or out driving somewhere and have to spend hours going.This has taken over my whole life. I can't go back to school or get a decent job because of this. Doctors can't find anything to help me.I have tried all different typers of fiber, miralx, colace, 6 different typers of probiotics, amitiza, antispamodics, and random different herbs.I have had a colonoscopy, blood tests, and a small bowel series and everything came back normal.I know on the days that I don't go that I need to since if I get really desperate and use a fleet enema I will go alot. I just don't understand why some days I can go and others I just can't. If anyone has any idea on something new to try please let me know. I really can't take this anymore.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Hi,Sorry to hear that you're having such a rough time with it all. I also used to have to get up really early but I had diarrhea everyday not really ever suffered with constipation. However I did find if I had a particularly bad morning of diarrhea, then sometimes the next day I couldn't go at all. I always thought that was because I had emptied myself so much the day before. I know how tired I was always having to get up by 6 to start work at 9.30 and spending the whole time on the toilet. The only thing that made a huge difference to me was stopping the pill although I still have a few problems around my period and my head is still in a mess because of it all but it was the only thing that ever helped me. I tried cutting out food types, blood tests, gluten, stopped milk etc.. you name it but nothing ever made any difference at all. I had all but given up but I have been much better on the whole so you never know what is around the corner. you might find something tomorrow that will help you. I just want you to know I understand how horrible it is trying to live a life ruled by your bowel movements and I hope you find something to help you. Claire

·
Registered
83 Posts
Chrissy, have you tried the Mayo Clinic? The doctors there are world class. I live in Minneapolis. I know of people who have gone to Mayo Clinic when other doctors could do nothing and the Mayo doctors found a solution. I highly recommend giving them a shot.Good Luck,Alan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.