Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was diagnosed with ibs when i was 19 years old. i am 25 now over the years my symptoms have become even more severe. i am no longer able to leave my home or even work. i have been on every ,medication and diet under the sun with little to no relief. the only relief i had was when i was in a clinical trial for "rifaxamin" i was symptom free for 3 weeks without medication or diet alterations, only for my symptoms to return. i have been heavily tested and studied by some of the best doctors on the east coast, and they have no answers i live with ibs every single minute of my life in the most severe ways. if there is anyone who reads this and is in the same situation i am i would really love to hear from you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi Kathleen! i was tested for sibos with a breath hydrogen test and it came back negative. my dr said he cannot prescribe me medication for a condition i do not have.As far as the diet,i did try a sibo diet when the symptoms returned and it made no difference what so ever. "salix pharmaciticals" had rifaximin approved when the trial was over for the treatment of ibs. They told me in December that it should be available in 2015.i am willing to try anything at this point. what is this book, whats it called and where can i find it!?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I really hope you can get better! It's especially tough being young and having IBS. I also developed it when I was 19 and my life's been hell since. I've been doing a lot of research on things that might help symptoms and one thing that caught my attention was colostrum. I just bought some and will be trying it out. Hopefully both of us can find something that works to control this!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.