Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I actually passed out in the middle of Times Square!I had a touch of stomach flu on top of a really bad IBS-D attack yesterday, and did not eat or drink anything since ( for fear of throwing up more ). I had a few Ritz crackers and two or three glasses of water yesterday. That was all I could take without upsetting my stomach.This morning I felt the same, but had some errands that I HAD to do. Well, in the middle of it all, I got overwhelmingly dizzy, my vision became very blurred ( imagine the last time you looked up at the sun and what you saw after...those bright patchy blocthes...that is how my vision became ), and I fell on the concrete. I didn't even know that I passed out until I woke up to a stranger asking me if I was ok, and if I wanted to go to a hospital...the guy (around my age) actually picked me up and carried me over to a nearby cafe, set me down on two chairs pushed together so that I could lay comfortably, bought me a cold water and waited with me as I woke up and recovered!That was so nice of him, but I cannot believe I actually passed out!!So here I am, with a massive headache and a humongous bottle of Gatorade......has this ever happened to anyone else??

·
Registered
38 Posts
Once but not because of my IBS. Some years ago I had the flu for a couple of days too. I couldn't stand sitting around the house anymore so I decided to go to the mall. In the middle of a clothing store my head started to feel like it was full of helium and my vision went all weird. Luckily my mom sort of caught me as I fell. I was only out for a few seconds I guess. Someone from the store got me some water and my mom took me straight home. Scary but I should know better than to not eat and go out. Hope you are feeling better.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow! I'm glad your mom was there to catch you at least!And thank you =) I'm feeling A LOT better today. I'm eating a bowl of dry Cookie Crisp and a tiny little cup of chocolate soymilk

·
Registered
183 Posts
I know exactly how you feel. I have passed out more that I care to count. I actually fell in a box of socks one time.
I was pregnant then. I have finally learned the warning signs and learned to sit before it actually happens.....

·
Registered
122 Posts
hi, i faint quite a lot, more so recently as my health has not been so good. also the pain killers i am on are very strong and make me dizzy.im not sure what to do about this.Sarah x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.