Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a first time IBS user in this room,I have IBS since 1986,now it's getting worse, just about every time I eat immediatly I have to run in the bathroom,also get a twisted feeling and bleed more than before Help ...my questian is....where can I find a proper diet I can follow,what to stay away from ect.. I get so bad I can't leave my home,any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
686 Posts
looking join the club! im finding the pain is getting harder to bear by the day and i really sympathise with you. everyone with ibs can eat different foods (i can eat oatmeal but some people cant) i was referred to see a dietician but to be honest she was as much use as a chocolate teapot, i have had a lot of info on here and i just try different food if im ok with it ill have it again and vice versa.Like you when ever i have a meal i have to run to the loo, and to be honest i seldom leave the house unless i really have to (doctors appointment, dentist etc) I eat oatmeal every morning, and i add raisins to it plus i make it with unsweetened soya milk, also i like natural yoghurt and add some fresh fruit,i like pasta and homemade soup (tattie soup) which is potato. i dont eat fried food, junk food etc. good luck, keep coming on here as there will be others who will give you good advice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Julie~~~~ Finally a place I can talk about this and people not only listen,they have the same thing and total understand! Just a little thing I'd like to share..I was so bad one day with D. Hubby & I was going to a test place I had to go to,they wern't open yet,I thought my eye's were going to pop,I had a sudden bout and told hubby drive fast around to the back,so I could find a private place I could go . I was never so embarresed in my life.thats when I knew I had this bad!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi Lookingahead7,Go down to the bottom of the bulletin board. There is an area called coping skills. Here is a link "IBS Diet". It will take you to ...com. The site is run by Heather von Vorous, who is a fellow IBS sufferer. She has written a book about how she has learned how to control her symptoms. She goes into some depth of why some things tend to bother those with IBS and why some things tend not to bother those with IBS. There is a lot of very good information, materials and products that are available there. I have IBS but I also have Crohns. I found that many of the "dietary principles" given are equally applicable to IBD. There is a message board there as well. Her peppermint caps are the best!Hope that helps,Take care,Karen

·
Registered
686 Posts
looking ive had that too and i know how i felt
i have ibs-d mainly occasionally i have a bout of constipation but not too much.Karen mentioned heathers site and its pretty good with some good tips.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Have you tried a serious elimination diet? I think is essential for everyone with IBS to do this as it will help determine if any foods are agrevating your symtoms. It didnt make much difference for me, but at least I know.Personally I take lots of immodium and fast before having to go appointments.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Nath...I am just in the process of elimanaion right now,tough road ahead now that it's gotten worse for me,have had this IBS D since 1986 and gotten worse,is there any hope? I'm surpose to be going to the store ,but my stomach says NO wait ...IBS not cooperating

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.