Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Around and around I go. Constipation, back pain, abdominal pain, constant feeling that my bowels are not empty. Remember the days when, as a child, you just went potty and that was that. Simple, easy, never a problem, no pain involved. I look at other people and wonder - anyone else feeling like me? I look at my life and despair overpowers me - will I EVER be normal again? Am I going to spend the rest of my life controlled by my bowels ? I have been struggling forever with this problem. It just seems to drag on and on. No medication is successful in getting me back to my youthful normal bowels. I am trying daily walk/runs now, drinking lots of water, eating light (sorry, but all the fiber is just too hard on my system, although I do use Citricul) and TRYING to feel halfway decent. No luck. I am in the DEPTHS of depression BIG TIME!! I just got back some photos (me in them) and was appalled at how bloated my tummy looked. I hardly eat anything, what's the deal here? I am going back to my doctor tomorrow. I don't even know what to say to him anymore. No one has a cure for me. I am sinking . . .

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I'll trade half my D problem for half of your C problem. Have you tried almond milk? It blows me out! No milk in it just almond juice

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Chloe! I know what you are going through. I also have the "C" problem. One thing that I have started taking that helps me is Senakot. It comes in a small brown bottle. All it is, is a mild stool softner. If I have noticed that I have gone two days without having a BM I take 1 to 2 senakot and I usually go the next day or so. This also helps the BM to break up and it is not as painfull. I still have mild cramping but not as bad as before Senakot. I have also changed my diet. I can't sit down and eat a whole meal so I try to eat smaller portions more often! ( Which is a little hard while at work) Try eating fruit for a snack instead of chips and stuff. Which you are propably already doing. If I can help you in any other way just let me know. Hang in there chick-a-dee! We are all with you!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have read some post on the medicine paxil that has helped with the © type and also depression ....It seems some really get good benifits from it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dear Chloe,Good to see you here again, but sure wish you were feeling better.I have been meaning to e-mail you ever since you answered mine a while back. But I'm finding it harder & harder to keep up with my e-mails with limited computer time & two small kids!Anyway, I remember your posts long ago & can recall some other rough spell you have had to endure. Youve had more than you're share & are well deserving of a break!I wish I had some great words of wisdom for you but the only thing I know to say is this;You've come through hell before, & I KNOW you can do it again
Use us....we all care & will help you (as you know). I Know that things seem at there worst now but I promise you....there are better days ahead, it's just a matter of finding the right answer for you,(& maybe the right doc).Don't give up Chloe! As I said, I remember your old posts & can tell that you are a wonderful person...you can fight this!let us know how it goes at the docs ok?Hope it helps to know you are being thought of & wished all the best
sass

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Everything that sass said is ditto for me.
Have you tried the fibercon rather than the liquid? Or Equalactin, They are chewable and bother me less than the fibercon.Take Care,Rose

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dear Chloe, just read your posting. we have had awesome results in our family with a naturel herb product.hang in there! if you want more info call Avena at {780}352-9997 my name is charlene Mechalchuk ID #12675

1 - 7 of 7 Posts