Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, It has been a long time since i have been here. That is a good thing but i vowed to myself when i was seeking help from everyone else that if i found a cure for my problems i would write back to help everyone else out if i can.Just to fill everyone in. A little over a year ago i was dying. Atleast i thought i was..haha Many sleepless nights, days that i was just about to give up, I had no clue what was wrong with me. I spent over 15 grand going to doctors in less then 8 months. I ran test after test and everything was normal everytime. You name the test and i think i did it. That is scary for a person who is never sick and never even had blood taken till they were 27!! How can this be?? I had all the things people mention on here and then some. Headache,diahrea,nausea,confused thinking, you know the rest all to well. I did the drugs you all mention. it is the same routine every doctor perscribs i think. I had this stuff every day for 6 months. If doctors can't find it then i must just give up right? Then there is nothing really wrong with me right? It must all be in my head right? NO!! I pulled at ever last string i could! Never give up!Well i am happy to annoucnce that i think i found something that worked for me and i want to post it for all the other people out there that think they just can't handle it anymore and maybe i can help them. I went to a chiroprator/acupunturist. Now i never believed in this form of healing before. He gave me some herbs called Qin Gan by Pro Botinix and what this does is takes toxins out of your body and exits through normal waste. He performed acuapunture on me with spinal manipulations plus he put tape around the arches of my feet for 5 days.After 3 visits in two weeks of acupunture/manipulations and then taking the herbs 3 times daily my stools were normal after 6 months of being messed up. I was feeling better! My stomache mellowed out, I was was loosing all the sysmtoms of IBS/Fibro! Could it be? This really is working? No other medications whatsoever.Well i am a believer now! I eventually decreased the visits on my own as said that i should see fit by the way i was feeling. I feel great again! I have my "icky" days yet but NOTHING like i was going through! I feel great again! it is now going on 5 months and i have felt great 90% of that time and normal again. I still see him every 2 weeks but that is just because i am afraid to relapse more then anything i think. You would be surprised at the patient base he has for treating Fibro/IBS. It seems to work for allot of people.I know this is kinda long but i do not have time to come back here all the time to check the post so i wanted to cover as much as i could to help people out. I really hope some of you take this into consideration and try it. It really made my life change for the better again. I no longer have to plan day by day and dread the next day ever coming. Please let me know if you try this and if it works for you too. I know it probably won't work for everyone but if we can help out even one person it is worth every key stoke made! Good luck.Royce

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
HiI have been seeing an accupuncturist for the last four weeks (four sessions). I am slightly worried though as after each session I seem to get worse for about 2 days. The symptoms get unbearable and really painful! Can anyone tell me if this is normal because I am now a bit hesitant of going. I will keep at it though if it will turn out to be beneficial in the long run. If anyone can shed some light on this I would be very grateful!!Thanks-Penny

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have heard of this helping my uncle. but whats the cost in this? insurance help? what exactly do they do to you? all i can think of is little needles peircing my skin. although that shouldn't bother me..... i periced my stomach, tongue and the small flap by the middle of your ear. but still the thought of shots, etc.... yuck!kitters

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have really been interested in this as well. I am however wondering how expensive it is?Anyone else tried it??ShellyAnn------------------They don't call me an all terrain turtle for nothing!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all, When i started going i was sore at fist but not from the acupunture. It was from the adjustments he was doing. That can be normal because of muscles.I would stick with it if i was you Penny. He told me i should see results after 6-8 visits if it is going to help. I seen results after 4 visits. He also told me it can it could make me feel uncomfortable at first because they are trying to get your body to do something different and that takes time. Atleast you know if you are feeling icky from it that somethng is actually happening. hopefully for the good though.Kitters: what you have pierced so far is way worse then the acupunture i am sure..haha I woudl not even get a belly button ring..lol What they do is poke you from head to toe in varius spots about 10 needles an average visit. And each visit changes. Techniques are going to vary from doctors to so i can say exactly.Acupunture needles are very very small and most of them you can't even feel. The back can be abit tender in spots but not bad.The cost for me here is about $40 a visit the guy i go to is acupunturist/chiro and i have chiro insurance so he writes it under chiro since he does both to me anyway. The herbs he gives me are about 20.00 a bottle and i used 3 bottles over 2 months. I think the silly little tape thing worked it wonders to. You can do that yourself. All you have to do is wrap medical tape all the way around the arch of your feet and wear it for 5 days at a time. The herbs were superb to. Everytime i feel a little blah i took the herbs early if i had to and about an hour later i was feeling fine again.Well i hope this ansered a few questions I will keep checking back to see how it goes. Good luck.Royce

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Well I'm getting to the point where I'll try anything to kick this. I'm gonna try the St. John's Wort right now cause it seems alot of my problems are mostly brought on by my panic attacks. But if this fails I'll diffently look in to it, espeically if others say it helps. Honestly I'm having one of those "at wits ends" days. I'm not a giver uper! But I know I am fed up with this ####!!!ROTFLOL at you kitters!! Sounds like you shouldn't be too afraid of needles!!
Jennifer

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote:and what this does is takes toxins out of your body and exits through normal waste.
That is what normal waste is. He is just selling on the product (be it effective or not).
quote:He performed acuapunture on me with spinal manipulations plus he put tape around the arches of my feet for 5 days.
Spinal manipulations make no sense for any condition other than a bone-muscle problem. And putting tape around the arches of your feet is downright silly.Regardless of whether the herbal concotion did anything benefecial, he sounds like a
[This message has been edited by flux (edited 01-23-2000).]

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
[This message has been edited by flux (edited 01-23-2000).]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You news is wonderful and I am truly happy and delighted for you. I don't know about the particular herbal mix your practitioner is using or of course about your practitioner, but can I just say this. I too have a great deal of faith in Chinese Medicine/Acupuncture, but as in all things it is not just the practice of the particular modality, it is often very much the practitioner. The training and the SKILL of the practitioner is a major factor. (Same in mainstream medicine). Hence others can go along to a different acupuncturist or chiro or whatever and not get quite as good a result. As regarding the herbal mix, one of our University's here in Sydney Australia is running trials on a particular Chinese Herbal mix for irritable bowel syndrome and obtaining a 70% success rate. Their not sure why at this stage but think the problem is an oversensitivity in the bowel and the herbs are working to desentisize the area. Formulae while be released in tablet form when trials are complete. I don't know about other countries but here in Aussie land Chinese medicine is quite respectable, widely used by the populace at large; more and more clinical studies and post graduate courses in same are entering our major universities.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One other little point. No 'Flux' the tape round the feet isn't all hoooey. There's a very important acupuncture/massage point somewhere just off centre in the soles of the feet, gosh I forget it's exact name, but that's what's being worked on here.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Flux,I share your concern, somewhat. I've been in orthopaedics for over ten years and what I know is that chiropractors and acupuncturists are truly valuable for acute times only. But.... the longer I work in this field... the more I see the potential and efficacy of alternative medicine. I've found myself going from a tight-assed scientist to someone who is willing to open up to other ideas. This sense is not based on desperation or anything else beyond one point: I don't believe that Westernized medicine should be arrogant enough to believe that they have all the answers in hand..... despite my occupation!!!Spaz

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
spaz, I think that by its very nature, science is open to other ideas. It has to be otherwise we'd never learn anything. But science can't accept these ideas without evidence that must be formally obtained through controlled experiments. So far nothing special has turned up a whole lot with regard alternative practitioners. The whole basis for chiropractry certainly doesn't stand up to scientific scrutiny. Acupuncture seems difficult to test, but beyond the possiblity it might help with chronic pain, hasn't turned up much either.In all likliehood, the apparent efficacy of alternative therapies is realized through the fluctuating nature of disease and the placebo effect.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dear ShellyAnn and Kitters,last week I tried acupuncture for the first time for my FMS and IBS. I was sort of nervous which is normal, but really it wasn't bad at all. The needles are kind of tapped in with one quick thrust. They normally don't go deeper than 1/16 to 1/2 an inch. The acupuncturist gently manipulates the needles to bring forth the qi (energy) and you will feel a sort of dull, aching sensation; you let him know and he stops because the qi has arrived and the treatment is expected to be effective. He used about a dozen or so on me the first time and let me relax under a heat lamp while they stayed in for about 20 minutes. Afterwards, I felt quite relaxed and in a very positive frame of mind. It was not a bad experience and if in time it gets me over this garbage I'll be a firm believer.The first visit cost me $66.00 which included a weeks worth of herbs to cook into a decoction. But from now on, I'll pay $40.00 per treatment. Our crummy insurance never pays for anything since it is only for catastrophic events, but as far as I know, acupuncture is not normally covered by most insurance companies, but I could be wrong. Hope that this has been of interest to you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Flux, You crack me up...haha yes normal waste would be poop,dung,feces god you are good.I didn't put this post up her to hear your negative BS. I put it up letting others know i have achieved great results and how it was done weather they try it or not. Obviously you are not at wits end to try anything weather it makes physical sensce to you or not. I believed just as you once and questioned everything that was done by this mythical practice. I can't explain it nor will i begin to try but all i can say is it worked wonders for me.There is a reason for the tape on the feet(yes even though it sounds silly) but what my doc said is there is a preasure point in your foot there and everytime you step with preasure on it it controls a valve between your small intestine and large intestine. What it does i do not care.. it seemed to help, that is what i care about.If you can answer this about western medicine for me i will go back to him and ask him all the questions and get you all the answers you want in specifics.How come i can go to 8 different doctors (2 docs were from the #10 rated hospital in the USA)in 8 months, do test after test,drug after drug, still feel like ####, no answers for anything that might be wrong and i still have pay them ??? Heck i can that!!The only phsyical or scientific proven results i have seen from western medicine for myself so far is working harder and longer hours, to pay these doctor bills off for services that did nothing for me.Western medicine can be a good thing but it takes good people to use it and so far i have been very unimpressed is all.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote:I believed just as you once and questioned everything that was done by this mythical practice. I can't explain it nor will i begin to try but all
One explanation is the power of suggestion.
quote:there is a preasure point in your footthere and everytime you step with preasure on it it controls a valve between your small intestine and large intestine.
I think this must have been hypnotic suggestion (He made it up).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts