Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here: Been constipated for 5 months. Doctor told me "you got poop, girl. Take an enema and eat more fiber." I tried so hard to go I gave my self a perineal hernia! Had a pelvic MRI for the hernia which showed significant fluid in the sigmoid. I already had had a colonoscopy cause at one point I had blood in the stool. She said it was from internal hemorrhoids. I took her sample of Zelnorm and it worked wonders! I don't look 6 months pregant for the first time in months! Anyway, I have all the symptoms including mucus, bloating, etc. Now the insurance company is giving me a hard time covering the Zelnorm. Anyway, wanted to say hi. I also have intersttial cystitis so I should have known it was IBS. It's very common with us.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi strawberry-Can you tell me the doses of Zelnorm you are taking? I have been on it 2 weeks and am stilling playing around to find what works best for me. Do you take it with anything else? On an empty stomach? Thanks!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just wanted to say, I am not sure who your insurance provider is, but in my case my doctor appealed their decision for me. They said I had to be a female and diagnosed with IBS. Well last I checked I was female and I have been officially diagnosed with IBS. My doctor's office told me initially they turned it down, but my doctor said she would write them a letter of appeal, and also mentioned I was helped by Zelnorm samples she had given me. I was finally approved, but only for 6 months. I don't know what would happen after 6 months. if you have further problems with the Zelnorm you can always order it online without a prescription, or if you have a prescription, I think Canada may be cheaper. I ordered mine from Mexico (called Zelmac there) before it was available in the US and it was still expensive, but cheaper than what one would pay here without insurance I believe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.