Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

I hate IBS

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  CB2010 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Am I gonna be single and friendless forever? I can't even go places without worrying. I have to use (or at least try) the restroom twice before I leave for work but even that is not 100% fail proof. Before I knew I had IBS I actually crapped myself 2-3 times. Now that I realize what I'm dealing with I know to pull over. I tried many methods to find a self-cure method. For the longest time I always have classical music on while driving and it worked for a while. Then I switch to counting from 1 to thousands. I think I've gotten up to 5000 one time. Now none of that works. I have resorted to hitting myself, screaming, cussing, and biting my hand to hold it in. I can't even go on lunch breaks with co-workers because I'm afraid to go out and drive with someone. Even with all my planning I often have to U-turn just to go back home and relieve myself. This $$$$$$ing sucks!edit: I'm 25. I don't know if that is consider young adult or not. Man i am getting old.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.