Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
How the heck do you guys manage in the mornings??!!!I know I'm not alone in having 'problems' in the mornings (every single morning) and I am getting very frustrated...What would you recommend -- do you try not to eat too close to bedtime or maybe it's better to try to eat something little before bed?? Drinking water?? Taking fiber supplements??Any advice would be really useful. I wake up every morning in pain (sometimes worse than others...) and I run in and out of the bathroom many times before I can actually get dressed and get on with my day. arggg...will this tummy never settle??!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, I also have the same problem - so you are not alone. I too would like the very informed readers out there for any help. What happens to me is that I fee very tired from this and have to muster all my energy to get by at work.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I had the same problem daily for six months. Nothing worked until I took a Xanax for my anxiety--the D stopped! Turns out my GI was wrong in saying I had IBS-D, it was anxiety-induced D. Now on .25 Xanax morning and night and Effexor XR .75 daily and never really worry about the D--except under severe stress when my mother died last month and it returned twice. But fine now and still staying at same dosage since June of 2003. Take care.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Candy I'm the same way. My solution is not scientific but it works for me. I solve my problem in two ways. I either sleep until my body "naturally" wakes up, stress free without the radio. If I have to go out, I get myself much earlier than I need to, that way I have plenty of time for the awful and painful potty trips before I'm out the door. It may be dumb or impractical, but it works for me.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Mornings totally sucked for me as soon as I sat up in bed I had to run to the bathroom but lately Ive been doing something (for a differant reason) and it seems to help me out in the morning. I havent been eating after 5pm. I still take my meds. 75mg Zoloft, Levbid 2 times a day & prilosecand I still watch what I eat (no triggers) but that little change has helped me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi. i have the same problems as well. It seems no matter what i eat, what meds i take, how early i go to sleep....whatever... I'm ALWAYS sick in the morning. Wheteher it be constipation, or D, I'm always a victim. I found that if I wake earlier and drink hot fluids like tea and relax for a bit, it helps alittle

·
Registered
15 Posts
I problems seem to be predominantly in the morning. After lunch and evenings seem to be fairly decent. I've started on Lotronex to see if that helps, but I have also started to take 1 Ammodium right before bed. So far, so good, but I've been trying it for only a week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.