Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as you know I have been diagnosed with IBS,and Over active bladder. In the 2 years I've dealt with IBS..Just a few days ago,and once before ( In March this year (2003) ) I've started having problems with blood-not so much in my stools but just...leaving the wrong areas,After I go to the bathroom..Is this something I should be worried about..?Again,I've never had problems before with this..After I started noticing this I started having problems with lower stomach pains..My dad told me to look at a link about Colitis..It sounds similar to the symptoms I have..(I so hope I don't have it.
) What do I do?

·
Registered
106 Posts
You should always see a doctor if you're losing blood when you shouldn't be (i.e. aren't menstruating). Unless you have hemmorhoids or fissues (which can bleed), there is probably something else going on other than IBS, since blood loss is not a symptom of IBS.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
quote:You should always see a doctor if you're losing blood when you shouldn't be (i.e. aren't menstruating). Unless you have hemmorhoids or fissues (which can bleed), there is probably something else going on other than IBS, since blood loss is not a symptom of IBS.
Yea, I talked to my parents and my chiropractor about it this morning, and if it doesn't clear up within a week then I'm going back for more tests. Yea, My menstural hasn't started for this month either,it's a little bit late I'm thinking it's because of the stress on my body. No I don't have hemoroids,and Fissues.I'm not quite sure what those are.I was reading up on a disorder/disease by the name of " Colitis " I have every symptom they've listed except for losing nutrients and other body fluids...I'm not really sure if that's what I have,and I'm almost sure I don't. but, might aswell go back for a check...

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
get it checked out. blood is something to take seriously. I had a lot of bleeding a year back and you woulnd't beleive how fast they got me in. tehy did a blood stool test and then a sigmoisoscopy ot be sure. it turn out to be a fisure (a tear) that actaully had healed over by the time I had the flex sig. It was cute to see the doc excited about seeing a healthy colon for once (even if I did have a camera up my you know what).if it's bright red bleeding and on the outside, most likely it's a hemmie or fissure. but you need to absolutely sure about it and see a doc.take carenancy

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Whoa, is the blood coming from the rectum?Colitus, is an inflammatory bowel disease, different then IBS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts