Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like it says, I can pretty much produce a ripper of a fart on call, some days i can build it up and drag farts out for close to 30 seconds no word of a lie, its kind of funny, but im getting a little worried!! i thought it might just be a short term thing i was going through but its stuck with me, i dont get stomach pains or anything like that, and 99% of the time they dont smell, its just air!! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME!!??

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
How many meals a day do you eat starchy foods like breads, pasta, etc.If you have a lot of gas producing bacteria (most people do) and you feed them lots of starches or certain sugars or sugar alcohols they make lots and lots of gas from the bacteria food.Most people fart on average 14 times a day so everyone makes a pretty good amount of gas.Either don't feed the bacteria so much food or try probiotics that stop the digestion of carbs before it leads to gas.If you fart at the same rate even if you do not eat anything or drink anything but water for a couple of days you may be swallowing a lot of air, but that is pretty rare.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Kath thanks for the heads up, yeah i eat loads, im not over weight though, just kinda active so im always hungry and probly eat to fast as well, il keep the lettuce thing in mind too, my partner's a vegie though, so may be a tad tricky!!thanks again for your input!! myles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.