Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

I have found a cure for my IBS!!!

4K views 78 replies 31 participants last post by  joanofarc 
#1 ·
I have posted this before but didnt use a catchy title. This may sound off the wall but I am telling you it works.It took 2 weeks for me to get back to normal after 6 years of IBS. But I am now having one normal bowel movement once a day and feel like a kid again. So what is this miracle cure. Well here it is. I have been looking for a cure every since I had this problem so I try anything that sounds like it could possible help. I was listen to a info-mercial on the radio on the way to work one day and they were talking about Green Tree extract.
I was mildy interested until they said the first thing you noticed was improved digestion. SO the very next day I went and purchased. The pill form and the liquid form. I take one pill of Green Tree extract in the afternoon and 1mg of the liquid mixed with 5 oz. of water at night with supper.Make sure you purchase a green tree extract capsule that has 150-170 mg. The liquid is probably better but I take both. The liquid formal I have has 500mg. The key when purchasing this is to make sure it has a high level of Polyphenols (80-90%) anything less doesnt work.I also take 5htp for a sleeping disorder and I think this also has helped because better sleeping habits also help the digestion.I promise you this works. Try it out. I would like to know I helped some other people out. Lorne

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey Lorne,Good for you. It's always great to have another product that works. Could you share what's in it?That may help to figure out how it does what it does.Mark

#6 ·
I do remember your other posting. I got quite excited when I read that. Would there be proanthocyanadins (sp?)in it? I have been using a flavonoid complex to stop mine and it has worked excellently for four years. Both the grape seed in mine and the green tea in yours are potent anti-oxidents. The grape and ginko in mine also increase circulation. Is there any sign that green tea may be doing the same job? Clearer thought patterns, warmer extremities? (I have had a reversal of an [blush] erectile disfunction that a urologist attributed to circulatory problems that accompanied my d and GERD relief.) I am always looking for common denominators in therapies that work in places other than the gut.Mark

#7 ·
no not green tea. Green tree extract. Just because you tried drinking green tea doesn't mean it doesn't work. Green tea itself has only 30- 40 %polyphenols. The high grade extract has 80-90% if you do not have a product with the high levels of polyphenols you are wasting your momey.

#10 ·
lorne,You mentioned calcium carbonate as an ingredient can you tell me how much is in a serving because of the success I have had with calcium I was just wondering of maybe a connection.Linda

#12 ·
Lorne-who sells this amazing product and where did you obtain it? Also, keep us posted on if it keeps working. I am trying to compile lists of stuff to try (based on things from this BB) and will think about trying the green tree extract if it keeps working for you. Does it allow you to go back to your non-IBS diet or do you still have to watch what you eat? To keep things straight though I will need to try one and at a time... May take some timeSG

#14 ·
Any lack of excitement may come from several things.1) There is no one product that will cure IBS in all people all of the time, and while people are glad that something worked for you, most have tried several "I have found THE cure" thing that worked great for someone else that doesn't work for them.2) some people won't even open this thread because they assume from the title that you are just another salesman pushing whatever stuff you can't get your friends and family to buy from you anymore.... Reading your thread you come off as sincere, but as a whole this group has seen way toooooooo many people who didn't make quota for their MLM sales this month with thread titles just like that, so generally I think we tend to view such things cynically.Back to the topic at hand "Green Tree" extract....Looking it up in my favorite source for herbal info to see what info they got on it. Some herbs have counter-indications that may make them not a good idea for some people (like peppermint is a good antispasmodic but may make GERD worse)Looking up from the scientific name it is an extract of Green Tea (Camellia sinensis) Not sure why yours is called "Green Tree" rather than Green Tea extract?? http://www.mskcc.org/mskcc/html/11571.cfm?...rdID=500&tab=HC Is the website for it on my favorite herb website.The tannins in green tea may have an anti-diarrheal effect, so that may be part of what is helping you. However depending on how much caffiene, and how sensitive you are to that, it could be a wash for some.While it may help some, the Adverss Effects reported indicate that it probably won't help all
quote: ADVERSE REACTIONSReported (Oral): Nausea and GI upset, possibly due to tannin content. Insomnia, irritability, and nervousness can occur due to caffeine content.
There are some drug interactions, the one that may be problematic for some IBSers is that it interferes with atropine, which is in Lomotil, a commonly used prescription anti-diarrheal.K.

#16 ·
"I realize it will probably not work for everyone but I am sure it will work for many."And that's the point for all of us who are "hyping" some product or another. The interesting thing would be to get some researchers to look at what these things do and how they do it. There may be a common approach buried within these effects that would be more useful than the remedies currently in the list your doctor is drawing from. The question remains, what is the number for Dial A Researcher?Mark

#17 ·
lorneit would also be helpful to know what your symptoms were. if you're IBS D then this might not help IBS-C or IBS As. or vice versa. the more info the better.also another cynical reason for the lack of jupming up and down - I don't know how long this has been helping you. if it's 6 months or a year, great. if it's a few weeks or a month, then I'd be less excited as I've had remissions for that period of time with no changes.and yea, unfortunately, the title of the thread made me think you might be trying to sell something - too many people come on here just like that. Don't get me wrong though - I am sincerely glad you found something that helped you and that you're sharing the info. The more we know, the better we are. I'll be interested in hearing more too.nancy

#18 ·
winter, I had alternating IBS C and D but more often D. It has been working for me for 3 weeks so yeah there is a chance of it comincg back but I have never used anything that worked this well for this long. I can eat all the things i used to not be able to eat. I think it is worth a few bucks to try it for anyone desperate to find an answer.

#21 ·
one thing I will ad is the only thing I can't do with out having IBS symptoms is drink large amounts of alcohol which I am sure is the case with most normal people anyhow. I tried tying one on after a week of being on the green tree thinking I had a cast iron gut once again. Other than that I am amazed at how well this has worked for me. I didn't expect it to but thank God it did.

#25 ·
I'm using a type of visualization now, that is commonly used by athletes & other performers. You've probably heard about it in the context of "The mental side of [golf|tennis|football|chess|etc.]" I've also heard claims that injured athletes can use it to speed healing (by increasing blood supply to the injured area). And I've heard (though I'm a bit sceptical on this one) that people have used it to cure cancer. They visualize that their immune system is gobbling up the cancer cells. Me, I visualize that my gut is working properly. Then, more often than not, it does.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.