Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
...because since I was little my life has been f****ed up and I "swallowed" all my problems and my bowel doesn't know what to do with it! Then I had my gallbladder out...

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
....my ex-husband....... STRESS! And probably the nice little gift he gave me which required big-time antibiotics........ after that it ws all downhill......but you know what they say.......sh** rolls downhill! (Sorry guys - I'm in a strange mood this morning!)
------------------ Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching.Missycat

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I've always believed that mine started with some medications--anti-inflammatories and antibiotics. But I don't believe I have candida from it.My sister has recently been diagnosed as well which raises the spector of genetic involvement--although she had been taking a variety of meds prior to diagnosis as well...though not the same ones.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Ken - LIKE I CAN make this SHORT!! tee hee..!Because: I drank water infected with crypto sporidium! This is when my IBS became full-blown anyway!!Because: my system is all screwed up from who knows what!! Perhaps my on/off again smoking habits!Because: I had a thyroid condition and was told by my doctor that this can cause IBS!Because: I had surgery to remove a kidney stone - some figure surgery can play a part!Because: All of the above somehow played a part in my IBS!!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Hey CrapsAlot, we seem to have a lot in common. Seems like every time I post, you say "me too...." Maybe I need to check up on you...

·
Registered
661 Posts
Where do I began??? STRESS!!! STRESS!!!STRESS!!! STRESS!!! STRESS!!! STRESS!!!Hmm, what was that guys name that ran off with my wife anyway???

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
bkitts - not to make light of your situation, but my husband's 1st wife ran off on him too and now look - he's got "me"!! Things have a way of working out for the best, even if you don't think so now. I am actually "thankful" that my 1st marriage ended in divorce, otherwise I'd never have had the "joy" of my 3rd child!! Know what I mean?? Chin up..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hmmmmmmm.... I think my symptoms started before I had my gallbladder removed, and got worse after. I have the doctors scratching their heads, So that's how I got IBS because no one knows what the hell else it is. I also have had a traumatic past, but if my IBS were a result of that I would tend to believe that it would have started a lot earlier. So who knows! I wish it to go away though. If you wish in one hand and sh*t in the other which one ends up full??------------------I may seem angry 'cause I amI might sound sad 'cause I amMy words may ring with joybecause I am glad,The beauty is that I AM!!!I AM!!I AM!!--- Hope

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
After think about it a lot recently, I think I had genetic susceptibility to it (I think my mother suffered).If I'm honest now I think it started as a post-traumatic stress thing. (Took me a long time to realise that and stop looking for the whole explanation in my diet.)

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Ditto to what Lefty said, except I still have my gallbladder.------------------"Today is the first day of the rest of your life"Rose

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Genetic suseptibility-my mom lived on Kaopectate and drank. Depression: since childhood untreated and self-medicated (alcohol)from age 14 to 35. Anxiety around certain people and events in-laws for example. I traveled the world by myself with no problem until I got married and had my daughter. I am always anxious when I travel with her and without my husband. Depressed immune system due to late case of mono at age 34. Having a child late at age 38. There is a reason it is easier to get pregnant in your 20's; it is very hard on the body.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Because I have anxiety problems and my body dosen't handle stress very well. Over the past 20 years my body has handled stress in different ways, for example: I went thru a period where I would get zits really bad when I was stressed out, then after a few years of that, it seemed like the stress transferred itself to a different part of my body and I had 3 ulcers, then after the ulcers, I got real bad headaches, then after the headaches, the IBS-D came on. I would trade the IBS-D for the zits again if they'd let me.Lena

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hey anxious!!! Thanks for the words of encouragement, I've found a very close person over the last few months that is very supportive in my emotions and IBS and I see some light on things... God BlessBreck

1 - 20 of 44 Posts