Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was diagnosed with IBS three years ago. I am 35 years old. I also have endometriosis. But it seems to be getting worse lately. My symptoms have been bloating, fatigue, pain in left side, mucus in stool, constipation, long/narrow stools, feeling like I still have to go after I am done and gas. I need some advice. I don't want to have a colonoscopy yet.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hello, getting colonoscopy and doctor's appointment should be your priority nonetheless, although may I ask what you eat? I have already mentioned in a lot of topics here how important following the good diet is and that it may lead to intensify problems like above. Everybody is different, but cutting diary, eating more nonsaturated fats and consuming proteins from meat, cutting carbs is definitely helpful. Also do you smoke or how much coffee daily you drink? Best is if you wouldn't drink at all and smoking for many reasons should not be even considered, also stress is very significant factor here - if you are stressed about something, then whatever you have is very likely to get intensified during periods of intensive stress.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know that getting a colonoscopy is the next step. I guess I am a little scared of what they will find. But if things don't change soon, I will go back to my GI doctor. My diet is okay. I do drink one cup of coffee in the morning. I do not smoke. I eat dairy maybe once a day, either being cheese, milk or cream for my coffee. I eat fruit every day such as bananas, apples, blueberries or strawberries but I get my daily intake. I fix veggies with every meal I cook. We eat allot of chicken, some fish, red meat maybe twice a week at the most and I fix pasta one night a week. We don't eat allot of breads in our house. It maybe a 2-3 times a week at the most. My problem is snacking. I love sweets! I eat them maybe every other day. But I don't go nuts, lol. I drink water all day at work after my morning coffee. I do have some stress. Having a 26 year old step child living with you can do that. But other than that my job is not that stressful.

This has been very aggravating, especially having endometriosis on top of it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts