Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone...I've posted 3 times since I joined a few days ago.I've been so freaked out at the symptoms that I've had:1. pain in lower left adbomen, stabbing sensation2. dizziness/lightheadedness, just a real wierd feeling3. Lots of gas, specially in the AM and as soon as I got in bed to sleep4. Oh and the tender spot under my armpits...5. Loose stools w/ some mucousAnyway...I started Metamucil last night, and also took some in the AM.Today I had an almost normal bowel movement and feel so much better, less gassy, feel much more refreshed. Also, I still feel somewhat lightheaded but overall I feel better. Still have the side pain. Wondering if Metamucil could've contributed to my GI issues getting better...Any thoughts?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
For some people with IBS the extra fiber, especially the soluble fiber in things like metamucil, really does make a big difference and they feel better.It is a low risk thing to try and when it works, it can work pretty well. But like anything some people don't tolerate it, so it isn't for everyone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.