Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know what I am going to do but I know i cannot take this anymore. I am sick of being managed by this condition. I am sick of trying to search for information and it is so contradictoryI am sick of being sickI am sick of being meI am sick of night time incidents that involve pain and panic attacksI am sick of eating oatmeal because I know it is safe for meI am sick of not wanting to go anywhere I am sick of pain panic and bowel issuesI just want to go to sleep and not wake up

·
Registered
101 Posts
I know how you feel.. try reading my posts and try some of these things out:raw organic garlic - only two cloves per day, will make you feel like **** at first, but trust me, it's helpingapple cider vinegar, the lighter the better, two tbsp per dayraw parsley- to get rid of possible parasitesno sugar, etc etc etc. read my posts!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I am sick of people saying it is in our headI am sick of people saying take Imidium (does not work for me)I am sick of people who open their mouth when they have NO IDEA how we have to live.I am sick of having DI am sick of not making it to the bathroomI am sick of not being able to go anywhereI am Sick of the panic-anixiety attacks when I do HAVE to go somewhereI am sick of not being able to go places that most Mom's get to go, softball games, room parties, girl scout dinners etc.I am sick of IBS so bad I could just scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
campbellskid15This bb has helped a lot of people with IBS. Hopefully it will help you.Major research advances have been happening in IBS and will continue to do so in the next five years. Don't do anything drastic. Let us know what your symptoms are and I bet some people here can help and perhaps point you in the direction of good doctors that can really help you."Answer: When a single treatment or medication doesn't work, you can try a combination of medical treatment and cognitive behavioral therapies, such as relaxation techniques and hypnosis. I also just presented a study at Digestive Disease Week that shows that cognitive behavioral therapies can reduce the side effects of some drug treatments for IBS. Antidepressants may also be recommended to reduce anxiety in some severe cases. In addition, your doctor might try a combination of medications that work at the gut as well as the brain level for best results. -- Douglas Drossman, professor of medicine and psychiatry at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill and co-director of the UNC Center for Functional GI and Utility Disorders. It sounds like the quality of life for this person is severely impaired by the IBS. Sometimes as your life becomes more impaired by IBS, it can make the condition worsen and initial treatments may not longer work. But there are always additional treatments, and you should not accept the answer of "just live with it." That is unacceptable. If that happens, you should look should for another physician in your area with more experience with the condition and the type of symptoms you're dealing with. All of the potential treatments mentioned above can be helpful, and you may have to rely on several different treatments for relief. -- Ray E. Clouse, MD, professor of medicine and psychiatry in the division of gastroenterology at the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis. "http://www.webmd.com/content/article/65/79520.htmTalk to us though and tell us your symnptoms. Your not alone at all there are lots of people out there with similar issues.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Please seek the mental health that you need. I fully understand what you are going through. You have to decide whether or not you want to live in self pity or whether you want to make the most out of your situation and life.You CAN deal with anxiety.You CAN deal with social phobia.You CAN leave the house and have fun sometimes.Nighttime sickness sucks, very difficult to deal without sleep.I USED to lay on the floor crying at night.I USED to never leave my house out of fear.I USED to forsake life's pleasure because I was afraid of an accident.I USED to not want to go anywhere, but wallow in my bed.But you know what? None of that helped me in the slightest way.Sometimes I am sick of being me, and sometimes I wonder why me. I think you'll find the ones of us that deal the best with our situation have come to peace with who we are and we make the best of it.Your anxiety is driving you off a cliff. It is also most likely driving many of your attacks. Dealing with anxiety takes bravery, it takes strength, and it takes time. And professional help is a big plus. If not, there are plenty of us here who are willing to do our best to help you out.You knowing you will have problems when you go out is probably always a self fulfilling prophecy. So, let's say, go out, and think that there is no way you will have an attack.And if you do? Who cares? Do you really think everyone everywhere you go keeps tabs on how often you are on the can? And who cares even if they do. Just go prepared for the worst, but expecting the best. I carry a man purse or backpack full of stuff "just in case". If someone wants to think less of me for it, then that's their problem, not mine.If there is one thing I've learned is that I am me, like me or leave me. I can either be a hermit, or I can go out and conquer the world. Laying in bed all day is not going to change that. And it sure as hell isn't going to make me feel any better.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Campbellskid;You just received some of the best advice you could've asked for. Read it again and again and again!!!You do not have to let IBS control you!You do not have to continue to have anxiety!You do not have to have panic attacks!You DO need to learn how to deal with this and come to terms with yourself. Yup, you could say "easier said than done" and that would be true, but also a cop out! You sound like you are hitting bottom. Well, guess what? Sometimes that is the best possible thing that can happen to a person! You have nowhere left to go but up! We are here for you, but YOU have to be the one to take the steps to help yourself with this. I try not to tell someone what they need, by I'm going to tell you that you need help with your depression, the anxiety and panic attacks. Take that step. Talk to your doctor about meds! Talk to your doctor about a referral to a counselor. Do whatever it takes. There are way too many success stories on here for you to believe that you can't be one of them!!! If you go on meds, it doesn't mean you have to stay on them forever, if that's a worry for you. But, guess what? If you did, what's the big deal? I plan on staying on mine until the day I die. Because if something helps, why wouldn't you do it? If you say "but I'm on meds" then you're not on the right ones to be feeling this bad.Do I have days that I'd like to pull the covers over my head and stay there in the bed? YUP! But, that's ok, cause there is always tomorrow. I've had IBS for 9 years, and there's been bumpy roads, but I'm still here, I've lived a fulfilling and blessed 9 years, even among this crappy disease! And so have a bunch of others. Some day, if you take the bull by the horns, you will be writing a post here where you will be telling someone "they can do it" 'cause you did!! Keep on keepin' on, hon, we are here for you! If you have a hard time believing in yourself, then believe because we believe in you and what you can accomplish!!

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Just reading all this breaks my heart....I wish I wish for a magic wand to help everyone and make all the anxiety go away...I think that is huge....whenever I am so so busy at work....that's when the anxiety kicks in and it seems my bowels are attached to that.....I want to take everyone's pain away I wish wish wish I could.....my only advice is try to relax....try to stay calm....and if they don't like it let me know who hurt you so I can kick their ass....Mary::
))

·
Registered
779 Posts
IBS is the pits, we all know that. Sometimes even the strongest of us get discouraged with being under IBS "control".Some years ago, I too had panic attacks that had nothing to do with my IBS. It took some time, but I finally got over them. It is possible.Now, as long as I know my limitations, I deal with the every day issues of IBS the best I can. I get frustrated with my son and his family sometimes because they have no idea about my IBS and refuse to make my life easier. But, all in all, I just deal with my issues on my own. I do think that the stress of being my husband's caregiver gets to me. Right now, for instance, he has misplaced his glasses. For all I know they were thrown in the trash. About 4-6 months ago, he broke the frames and they had to be replaced. We don't have the extra money to replace the glasses. He may just have to do without. There always seems to be some kind of stresses to deal with in our lifetimes. These stresses sure don't help our IBS, do they?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I hear ya.I hate not feeling like I have control of my own body.I hate going to bed at night wondering how I'll feel when I wake up.I hate waiting for weeks to see a doctor or months for testing.I hate putting my family through my pain.I'm praying one day we'll have an answer!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am working on getting out of this blackhole and I wanted to respond to this thread and will soon but right now it is too toughsadly right now I am hitting the other extreme! ....way too hyper and not giving a **** about anything!

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Yes KitKat....we are all here for you....hang in there......let us know how you are doing.....my thoughts are with you....relax....I want to send you a {{{hug}}}Mary::
))

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Campbellskid, I would strongly recommend finding some sort of mental health help ASAP. If you have gone from being depressed to now being hyper and not caring about anything, you could have bipolar (or what used to be called manic depression) and that is a very, very dangerous disorder. I would even recommend going to the ER. Your mental health is not something to be toyed with. Tell them you went from being depressed to very hyper and not caring about anything.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have to say from personal experience I have had all the same thoughts, problems and anxieties as many on this board.I am now 35 and have had to deal IBS since I was 15.Once I think I have it under control, it changes on me and I will have to go back to the drawing board.I will tell you what has worked for me thus far.FIBER!!!!once in the AM and once before bed I drink about 8-10oz of water with:about 6tsp of SUGARFREE metamucil ( I like orange flavor...
)DOCTORS!!!If your Dr. tells you to increase fiber and take immodium....find a Dr. that has a clue. I am lucky, I found a Dr. here in Ohio that knows about IBS and is aggressive with it.MEDICATIONS!!!!I take 60mg of cymbalta at bed time and twice a day I take Lomitil for the "D". I carry with me at all times Hyosycamin(maybe spelled wrong) the ones you put under your tongue...in case I get a IBS issue. I carry Immodium and Xanax......My Anxiety flares IBS, so if I control that, I am much better off.DIET!!!!I am a chef... I love fatty foods, wine, a nice steak..etc etc etc...I have identified many foods that trigger IBS symptoms. I no longer eat beef, spinach, popcorn,coconut,cabbage, caffiene,chocolate, soda-pop...and many other foods I love, but I would rather crave a steak, than eat once and be in the bathroom for the next 3 hours.... Oh and I eat a bowl of oatmeal every single day for breakfast.....thats it.PLEASE keep trying for relief, do not give up. Read this board and try things, you can get your life back. Face facts that we are stuck with what we have, and we have to move forward.Try a dietician to help you figure out foods that don't make you sick.LAST BUT NOT LEAST!!!I don't know your religious status....but pray..... and thank him when you have a great day. ( Don't flame me......It's what I believe and it helps me... you can believe as you wish
)Good Luck to all of you and hang in there!

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
I agree...I started my elimination diet a month ago and I see a big improvement....I cook like a chef too and I too love the fatty foods....but I can't eat like that anymore....I also gave up cafeine...I drink herbal tea with chamomile in it....it helps my tummy feel better and tastes better than coffe anyway...I couldn't believe I drank two sips of coffee and wanted the tea......Use the Force.....and feel better faster ::
))Mary::
))

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.