Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read the message about anyone afraid to eat. My problem is that i want to eat i just dont get hungry, this worries me since i have always been a person who can eat a lot. But since ibs i have problems eating. I can go whole day with no food and never get hungry. A lot of times i have to make myself eat only because i know its time and that i should eat. does this happen to anyone else?

G

·
Yep..me too. I very rarely actually get hungry...but I think that it's because I've gone for days and days without food and then the initial hunger pangs stopped. I'm the one who postd the afraid to eat thing but I still "try" to eat...like you do because eating is a good thing??? If I get too busy or depressed or something though..I do forget, for days even, as the hunger pain thing never did come back. I'd be interested to know also, if anyone else just doesn't get hungry.Take CareDeb

G

·
latley ive been afraid to eat also. i dont know if i have ibs or if if its just anxeity/depression but my stomache has been a mess for days now and ive had to choke down EVERYTHING i eat. which has been only toast and a banana. just thinking of food sucks for me...its really strange cause ive always been able to eat whatever at anytime. no i cant even think about food. anyone get nervous that they arent eating enough?? i have a problem just thinking about not eating for a day let alone a few days so i try and get something in my system.

G

·
I'm like this at the moment. I'm eating because I feel I need too, not because I want too. I'm a veggie, but even the thought of cokking veggies makes me feel ill at the moment. I'm just living on soup right now, when I usually eat like a horse! May be just that I have an IBS flare up right now. It does worry me though.Andy

·
Registered
927 Posts
The grass is always greener...I always feel like I need food. I get low blood sugar levels and can't survive without food for more than 3 hours
Its time for lunch!Btw: Do you guys feel faint dizzy lacking in energy. ie do your blood sugar levels still drop but just your stomach doesn't feel hungry?ScottySwotty

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
This is exactly how I feel with my IBS; it is a very strange feeling. I just time my meals and pre-plan and weigh portions out of every food I eat to get enough calories. Since I started Zoloft, I have occasionally had stomach growls. That medication has seemed to help me some with this problem.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yes I know exactly how you feel. Ihave felt like that for 5 years. I think it's also partially because I have severve C. I food doesn't exit then why would I feel hungry if there is still tons of it inside me. I do the same thing I eat cause I know I'm suppose to. Most of the time after just a few bites I'm stuffed like I just ate a hugh Thanksgiving dinner.Alison

G

·
Well, everyone here is another one that used to never get hungry. Now I have an ulcer and it royally lets me know that I am hungry. I decided that I had such a fear or eating and having an accident or being indisposed at the wrong time that the brain finally just said it was not hungry.I could go all day without eating but maybe for a few crackers or toast.I still am afraid to eat certain thing at certain times but can eat now and do get hungry. I still have IBS, but the Ezekiel Bread has been a life saver to me. That along with Calcium. Just stuff your face and make eat and maybe one day you will have an appetite again. I got mine back and now need to lose 10 pounds.But my husband is very irritated with me that I do not eat this and that. For instance fried food, onions, garlic. peppers and the like. We are going rounds right now because of it.I used to take trips and never eat until we arrived and then usually, I would get sick on food on an empty stomach. Now blood sugar being low gets my attention as well as a headache or just plain hungry. But my family still thinks that I eat nothing. It will get better. Make yourself eat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.