Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI. I was wondering...I know what everyone's triggers are and they are basically the same as everyone's...but what CAN you eat and what do you eat on a regular basis that really works for you.from breakfast to dinner.This would help a lot.Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
We all have different triggers, although there are some common ones. the best thing for you to do is find YOUR triggers, and avoid those things. Keep a food/symptom diary for a few weeks, you will see a pattern.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Hi BeachI wouldn't say I have triggers, but if I overeat wheat, sugar, corn and dairy I feel bloated. Smaller amounts don't seem to bother me.I think my mood affects how well I digest somthing. For a long time I though I was lactose intolerant..but now I find I can eat yogurt and dairy in small quantitys.
Try the elimination diet and you'll find out for yourself what bothers you.Here's what I eat regularly that doesn't bother me:Breakfast:Eggs and sprouted wheat toast or ricefruitLunch: Chicken salad and/or split pea soupDinnerStir fried veggies and rice with pork or chicken or tofu.or fish and rice and steamed veggiesYogurtSnacks: cookies (yes I do eat lots of them
and almondsJane[This message has been edited by jane93 (edited 10-15-2000).]

·
Registered
824 Posts
If I'm having a bad day, I know these foods are safe for me:Apples, pears, bananasChicken, turkeyRice and rice products, saltines or water crackersJello, koolaid, water, white grape juice------------------JennT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts