Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw my old doctor that diagnosed me with IBS the other day (don't go to him anymore) and he asked me how I was and I said well for the 2 years you kept telling me I had IBS it turned out to be Multiple Sclerosis - you should dig a little deeper next time and don't diagnosed because you have no other explanation. But I guess I should cut him some slack since my only symptom was C and a numb hand. I used to babysit for him so I know him well enough to say that to him. It did feel good making him feel like he sucked at patient care. Hopefull my comments will make him think a little bit.Life in MS land is still the same, getting my shots every Friday and getting sick from it Saturday - but oh well, I need to take them. Had a relapse about 3 weeks ago and had to go back on IV Steriods, but it has already cleared up. I went 8 months without a flare-up and the neuro said that was pretty good.My company has been really cool, they installed a T1 line in the house and the office network just in case I need to work from home when I don't feel well. They are doing alot of fundraising for MS too which makes me feel really cared about.I miss coming here, but since I don't have IBS I feel I have nothing to contribute. My C is still under control with the Ezekiel Bread. I spend a good amount of time on a MS Bulletin Board similar to this one. I am still new to MS so I don't contribute much there either cause I don't know that much, but I sure do read alot.Hope all is well with my "buds" - take care and I will check in from time to time.------------------DeAnn "Dee"

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Hi Dee,Well I still check in here daily but don't post that often.If you want to read about something interesting about MS and defecation problems, check out the thread by KateyKat on Pelvic nerves on this IBS BB.The problem I have been having would be C except I use diet and fiber and have misused enemas to prevent C. I was having a hard time not using enemas and it turns out my problem with defecation (I have had daily BMs all my life) is really with C and is MS related.I still have other IBS type Sx which may or not be MS related. I tend to think I still have IBS. My posts are long on Kateykat�s thread but interesting.I have been posting less on the MS BB lately too. Now I have more time for other things!!You do have a great job!!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Hi Dee,Well I still check in here daily but don't post that often.If you want to read about something interesting about MS and defecation problems, check out the thread by KateyKat on Pelvic nerves on this IBS BB.The problem I have been having would be C except I use diet and fiber and have misused enemas to prevent C. I was having a hard time not using enemas and it turns out my problem with defecation (I have had daily BMs all my life) is really with C and is MS related.I still have other IBS type Sx which may or not be MS related. I tend to think I still have IBS. My posts are long on Kateykat�s thread but interesting.I have been posting less on the MS BB lately too. Now I have more time for other things!!You do have a great job!!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Vikee - and am going to try and find that thread.Hopefully the arguing has calmed down a bit over there. Wow, sometimes it just gets a little out of control, but sometimes funny too.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Vikee - and am going to try and find that thread.Hopefully the arguing has calmed down a bit over there. Wow, sometimes it just gets a little out of control, but sometimes funny too.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
It is very nice to see you here. Thanks so much for the update. You live in MS land and I live in CD and IBS land lol. I do hope you can get well enough to enjoy the summer. I totally think you did the right thing with your old Dr. Sometimes people just need a wake up call and he will be a better Dr for it. (HUGS) to you and take care my friend.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
It is very nice to see you here. Thanks so much for the update. You live in MS land and I live in CD and IBS land lol. I do hope you can get well enough to enjoy the summer. I totally think you did the right thing with your old Dr. Sometimes people just need a wake up call and he will be a better Dr for it. (HUGS) to you and take care my friend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.