Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I think I have IBS as I seem to have the same symptoms. Bloating, constipation and Diarrhea etc. I tried giving up certain foods as I thought I might be having a reaction to something I had eaten, then reintroducing it again to see if there was a reaction. I reintroduced dairy today after 4 weeks without and was OK all day, then I had a milky hot chocolate. I bloated up with gas and spent the requisit time in the throne room. I have been like this for a few months now.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I haven't found that eliminating any certain foods has helped me. When I starting seeing a doctor for this problem one of the first things he did was tell me to stop eating dairy to see if I was lactose intolerant, but I was sick without or without cheese or milk so I gave up on the theory. I hope you talk to a doctor who can give you more suggestions and maybe some medication to help regulate things. Good luck.Carly

·
Registered
39 Posts
hi lemon, not all w/ IB are intolerent to dairy. Is a major possbility you are intollerent to chocolate. I know that me and chocolate don't mix, I have IBS-C and it does ot give me D but worsens my C along with making be bloated and giving me cramps. just a thought. hope you figure things out

·
Registered
897 Posts
If milk caused your problems wouldn't that make you lactose intolerant rather than having IBS? I understood that IBS was basically the diagnosis when all other explanations were eliminated. Thanks for the clarification.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This all started a few months ago when I made a bit of a pig of myself with pavlova, I blew up like a baloon and went green, had to go to the loo for several hours and thought I had food poisioning. It lasted for about 5 hours. This sort of thing accured again a couple of times over the next few weeks and I thought I might have a stomach bug. I tried removing wheat from the diet, then replacing it after a month, then did the same with dairy as my sister in law said she had the same symptoms and was intollerant to dairy. Again I replaced it after 4 weeks, I did not replace milk just cheese and yogurt. I was ok, but I was still getting the bloating, wind, D, constipation, feeling absolutely tired, waking in the night to go to the loo, at other times. Chocolate, cream and cake seem to be the foods most likely to set it off. After the last lot I went on to NHS site and went through thesymptoms there, and it came up with IBS, then I looked at your site and everything seemed to ring a bell. I suppose I should go to see my doctor and let him sort it out. I have gone on to yoghurt with bifidus essensis and feel a bit better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.