Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all: I need to find a GI who has some imagination and a good intellect. I have a GI at U of M; he did a colonoscopy and all is well; i have had severe constipation for 25 years; for 20 of those years I have taken Magnesium; it works but it makes me feel awful; weak and sometimes dizzy. I have to take it; Itake 1500 mg of mag citrate pills daily although lately i do skip a day here and there; I discussed this issue with my doc at U of M but he had absolutely no new ideas; he doesn't really understand how bad this stuff makes me feel and in fact said it must be something else causing me to feel lousy; I have had blood work drawn and a recent physical; as far as I know things are ok; I am looking for options; perhaps some homeopathic option; i have no idea but i would love to get off magnesium for a little while to see how I feel. I just wonder if any of you who live in the Detroit, Ann Arbor area know of a really good gastroenterologist.

·
Community Manager
13,220 Posts
hii've heard dr william hasler at the u of m is really good--he's a motility expert . a friend to me her friend has ibs--said "he gave her her life back" i want desperately to see him but my insurance won't pay for him--doesn't cover u/m only st joes. we're retired--can't afford out-of-pocket pay and now husband very ill--big bills. here's his link. looks like he's taking new patients--not sure. hope you can get in to see him. good luck. http://www2.med.umich.edu/healthcenters/provider_profile.cfm?individual_id=7517

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.