Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I don't have anything too exciting to post, I just wanted to whine. I am feeling really sad today.
I just started taking Caltrate for my IBS-D after reading about it on the D message board. The first few days it seemed to work wonders, but last night (The 3rd day) I was really constipated so I decreased my dose of Calcium and skipped my Levsin pill. Then today I have had D again! I am so depressed about this! I just want to have a normal life again without having to worry about what is going to come out of me! Sorry to bring everyone's mood down. I just need a hug and someone to tell me that everything is going to be okay.
Talk to ya later. ~Ashley

·
Registered
275 Posts
hey there *hug* i'm so there x i can't get my symptoms under control at the moment either but there has to be some way of getting back to coping!
It's jsut so frustrating, isn't it? I recomend having a tantrum, a good cry, hurling plenty of pillows and then trying to laugh just a tiny bit at how ridiculous we look with smeared makeup and big puffy eyes...see how big a snot bubble you can blow *eugh*take care x let me know how you get on x

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey, Hope you're feeling better. It's hard. I tried my hardest to eat well the other day and I still got really ill. No fun. So I understand where you're coming from. I agree... sometimes you just need to have a good cry or whine to someone.... it may not neccesarily solve the problem..but it will at least make you feel better for a little while.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Hey gosh! I know how that feels big time. I know its hard but you need to hang in there. Maybe you could talk to your doctor and devise an action plan?Keep going iththe caltrate. It takes a while to find the right dose for you. Maybe try taking just 2 a day and see what happens?I did hypnotherapy, which has helped me enormously. I can't recommend it highly enough. Its seems very expensive at frst, but the benfits weigh out the cost! It �70 Sterling. Dunno how much US. Maybe $100? Im not sure. Its weel worth looking into. www.ibsaudioprogram.com or look at the Hypno and CBT forum on the BB in Coping technights i think.Hang in there. Try and keep positive. I know its hard but dont' give up.Good luck.

·
Registered
275 Posts
is that �70 per session or altogether for hypnotherapy? I'm desperate so will try anything, but the money thing is a problem.Also, i read an account of this guy whose been taking ibsacol from a company in New Zealand but it's gona cost about �35 per month and i'm a little cynical... He's had fantastic results, but as everyone is different, i'm not sure whether to try it or not.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to everyone who has replied! YOu don't know how good it makes me feel to know that there are others out there that know what i am going through and don't think that i am "making it up". Keep the words of advice coming. It really does make a difference!
Love to all, Ashley

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.