Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I start I just want to say this is an amazing website and is so helpful! When you are going through this you just feel so alone, and it's nice to hear from people that can relate.I am going to try the peppermint tea! I wont go for several days at a time (but have urges too sometimes). And when I do go, sometimes its loose stool.I have really bad gas & pains and was wondering what you do for that? Or is that exactly what the peppermint tea is for?To everyone with IBS-C do you often get cramping pain that sometimes goes into the back? I know everyone is different.I get it and actually need to take a pain pill :(Advice and stories will help thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Before I start I just want to say this is an amazing website and is so helpful! When you are going through this you just feel so alone, and it's nice to hear from people that can relate.I am going to try the peppermint tea! I wont go for several days at a time (but have urges too sometimes). And when I do go, sometimes its loose stool.I have really bad gas & pains and was wondering what you do for that? Or is that exactly what the peppermint tea is for?To everyone with IBS-C do you often get cramping pain that sometimes goes into the back? I know everyone is different.I get it and actually need to take a pain pill :(Advice and stories will help thanks
The peppermint tea will help with the gas and bloating. Something over the past two weeks I've been using to help with gas is Beano. I take two right before my first bite of a normal sized meal or one before a snack. My gas problems are pretty much gone. From time to time though, depending what I eat, it bothers me still though, but its rare. I also had to cut out dairy, which helped out a bit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I keep Peppermint capsules in my purse at all times. I think they are called Peptogest..... i'm on my third bottle becuase they help with the gas and bloating so very much. I've had these problems for 12 years, and sometimes just want to give up eating all together because I have such an upset stomach. I've tried the tea, both peppermint and fennel... both work, but i find the peppermint pills work best, they get to your stomach before breaking down. Good Luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Before I start I just want to say this is an amazing website and is so helpful! When you are going through this you just feel so alone, and it's nice to hear from people that can relate.I am going to try the peppermint tea! I wont go for several days at a time (but have urges too sometimes). And when I do go, sometimes its loose stool.I have really bad gas & pains and was wondering what you do for that? Or is that exactly what the peppermint tea is for?To everyone with IBS-C do you often get cramping pain that sometimes goes into the back? I know everyone is different.I get it and actually need to take a pain pill :(Hello. I'm not sure what kind of pain pill you're taking, but anything in the narcotic family will worsen your symptoms! However, I understand your desparation. Yes, constipation can cause cramping in the back. Have you tried increasing the amount of leafy greens in your diet? You must drink large amounts of water. 8-10 cups a day. Keep your fat intake low and try some whole grains (oatmeal for breakfast or fiber one cereal with skim milk. A gas x tablet can help with the gas. Hope you are seeing a good doctor. Best wishes for returned good health.Advice and stories will help thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts