Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so im new to this whole website, and while i was trying to find answers to my stomach aches and other problems i stumbled upon this site. so here is the description of my..thingy.1.Horrible stomach aches, while trying to or right before using #2.2.When im about to go out my stomach starts to hurt (like i have to use it) This occurs during things like (going out with friends, going to the store, going to school, going out to eat, or even the thought of dating. V_V)3.sometimes i even get a SHARP pain, almost like im about to #### out a knife. It hurts pretty bad, but it subsides after a while.I've been to the doctor before about these things, and the only thing they have told me were to take fiber supliments or things like that. Diet, exercise. I've also complained about depression (which they also told me to diet and exercise
) How am i suppose to diet and exercise when i don't have the energy to even go for a walk. I'm going to be honest I'm not fat BUT i am 4'11 and 125-130 pounds. the doctor said i should be around 114 or 110 for my height, yes thats understandable, i want to lose the weight but its pretty freaking dificult, especially when i dont have the energy to start. Im seeing a nutritionist and she is helping me lose the weight but im starting to screw up again and gain the weight back. Not only do i feel depressed but i have anxiety. (more things the doctors ignore)Recently i've been taking Nexium, (a acid reflux medication) Although the doctor isnt sure i even HAVE acid reflux, i wanted to try everything possible before i had to get a camera shoved down my throat, and needles stuck in me. The time i report back to the doctor about my acid reflux med's is comming up and im freaking out.I described my problem as 'throwing up in my mouth'. either after Over eating (which i do pretty much everyday) or laying down on my stomach. I also told the doctor that drinking or eating dairy products such as Milk, or yogurt Also make me throw up in my mouth. He told me that wasnt normal and probably wasnt acid reflux or heart burn so i got a little scared.So what im asking here is, why do i get extreme stomach cramping and aching, and why do i throw up in my mouth, even after using Nexium i still occasionaly throw up in my mouth, but not very often. And does depression and anxiety have anything to do with my symptoms, AND if theres anyway to Avoid going to the doctor and getting a camera shoved down my throat and up my butt. D: Please help me!-ASH

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I did not have the severe pain, other than an occasional knife sharp pain right on my belly button, that you speak of. Other than that, you sound much like me in 1998. At that point I had been experiencing D on a daily basis for 10 years, was falling asleep behind the wheel and unable to finish an 8 hour day with any productivity after about 2 PM, and had begun to experience day long indigestion from breakfast to bedtime with occasional reflux-which showed every likelihood of becoming a new, regular feature in my life. I turned all of those symptoms around with the daily addition of a couple of supplements, a highly absorbed vitamin-mineral that eliminated the fatigue within 10 days of beginning, and a flavonoid supplement (grape seed and skin, gingko biloba, bilberry, etc.) designed for cholesterol control, which demonstrates pretty profound anti-inflammatory benefits. I stopped having the burning indigestion within 6 weeks, stopped the bowel problems over the course of the next year, and never refluxed again. This also allowed me to reintroduce all of the triggers I had been eliminating, including milk products!, without a lot of difficulties. While there are still some minor urgency problems, my life has been pretty normal for well over 10 years. (And I avoided having the cameras down my throat or up my bum.) You, of course, can always go the doctor route if this doesn't work; but it is pretty simple to try, especially if you are trying to avoid the doctor's office.Cheers,Mark

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information Mark!
I'll definitely try out some of the supplements you mentioned, and hopefully it will work for me! Unfortunately I dont think i'll be able to avoid the doctor unless i all together just dont go. But i highly doubt that because i have my parents nagging at me to go. SOO I did find out i have Dysthimia, by the way it really sucks, and ill have to tell my doctor about that so he can prescribe me meds for that. I hope taking that will help with my lazy feelings and help with other problems my depression was affecting!Thanks again!-ASH

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.