Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I did not have the severe pain, other than an occasional knife sharp pain right on my belly button, that you speak of. Other than that, you sound much like me in 1998. At that point I had been experiencing D on a daily basis for 10 years, was falling asleep behind the wheel and unable to finish an 8 hour day with any productivity after about 2 PM, and had begun to experience day long indigestion from breakfast to bedtime with occasional reflux-which showed every likelihood of becoming a new, regular feature in my life. I turned all of those symptoms around with the daily addition of a couple of supplements, a highly absorbed vitamin-mineral that eliminated the fatigue within 10 days of beginning, and a flavonoid supplement (grape seed and skin, gingko biloba, bilberry, etc.) designed for cholesterol control, which demonstrates pretty profound anti-inflammatory benefits. I stopped having the burning indigestion within 6 weeks, stopped the bowel problems over the course of the next year, and never refluxed again. This also allowed me to reintroduce all of the triggers I had been eliminating, including milk products!, without a lot of difficulties. While there are still some minor urgency problems, my life has been pretty normal for well over 10 years. (And I avoided having the cameras down my throat or up my bum.) You, of course, can always go the doctor route if this doesn't work; but it is pretty simple to try, especially if you are trying to avoid the doctor's office.Cheers,Mark

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.