Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been sick everyday for the past year&1/2. My doctor and gastro haven't done anything besides an upper gi and small bowel series. They haven't run any other tests because three years ago I had alot of stomach problems and all they could find is acid reflux. I want a new family doctor and gastro. I want a great one. I live 30 mins south of Port Huron and 50 mins north of Detroit. Can anyone suggest a doctor that is going to be understanding and helpful?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I don't know how far you are from Ann Arbor, Michigan, but I have heard they have really good speciality doctors at the University of Michigan Hospital. What a lot of people around here (southern Michigan) do, is go there for a diagnosis and tests and then have the results sent to your doctor at home. Works somewhat like the Mayo Clinic. I know it's not always easy to find the right doctor in your immediate area. This is only a suggestion....and may not be what you're thinking of at all.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I don't live in your state, I am in South Carolina. But I was just wondering, does your insurance company have a website?? I just realized not too long ago that mine does. It lists all the doctors in my area that accept our insurance plan. There are lists for every kind of doctor you can imagine, some I'd never even heard of!! So that might be an idea. I found the website address on the bottom of my insurance card. If they don't list a website, perhaps you could give them a call and get a list of names?? Also, you could ask around to your family and friends to get a recommendation. Good luck in finding a new doctor, I know it can be a real headache at times!! Take care, and I hope you get to feeling better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.