Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi every body:I have terrible pain in the left side and I can't sleep on that side at all and after I eat I feel pain in that side so can any one explain to me what wrong with me (I have IBS-C-D)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi jmaw,you may have already answered your own question. Perhaps you are experiencing a flare up. Have you seen your doctor or have you had any diagnostic tests? Diverticulitis may also be a consideration.Lots of luck.John

·
Registered
61 Posts
Jmaw;I can relate. I just had a fare up this morning. Terrible pain in my left side. I too have IBS C-D and have been struggling with it for years. It's so bad that I'm currently on short term disability.About a month ago it seemed that no matter what I ate, I was in terrible pain afterwards. I started taking Celexa (an antidepressant) in September. For short period of time it help tremendously. I got some relief. Then all hell broke out again. The doc upped my dosage in October and again I got a short period of relief.Just recently I started keeping a daily diary to see if there were any triggers that caused me grief. Low and behold, just last night, I ate some chocolate with my daughter and this morning I'm popping 30mg tablets of Codeine to control the pain. Still I can't be sure it was just the chocolate.Have you tried eliminating stress in your life? (I know this is tough at this time of year, especially with Christmas just around the corner.) Disability pay is crappy. It keeps the credit collectors at bay, but doesn't provide any frills.)Have you been watching what you eat? (For me anything fried, beef, chocolate or fatty foods are deadly.)Sleep is a huge issue. I generally only get between 3-5 hours per night. I was on sleeping pills for a short period, but because they were addictive my doc took me off of them. I tend to spend most of my nights either in pain or feeling my colon percolate like an old stove top coffee pot.Definately talk to your doctor about your pain. Have you concretely been diagnosed with IBS? Had a colonoscopy? Are you on anti-depressants?Look forward to hearing from you.Jack

1 - 3 of 3 Posts